College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

UVa had the ultimate swing. UMBC debacle to cutting down the nets in one year.

1 Like

The ACC Network sometimes shows a documentary on the championship season (primarily the tourney), which of course starts with the UMBC loss. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I would change that loss if I could. I don’t think I would. I think it made the title more exhilarating.

It helps that Purdue also lost to a 16 seed.

My wife took me to UMBC the next year. They have a banner hanging celebrating 16 over 1. Hilarious.

1 Like

Saban retiring

So many coaches retiring, getting axed at all levels.

Now do Congress and the presidency

Musical chairs commence. Will be an epic off-season at both levels.

A lot of these are just dudes being old as fuck.

1 Like

That is a huge part of it, but unlike our politicians I guess they can let go.

Would be crazy if Belichick and saban both retired in same year, although it doesn’t sound like bill is retiring.

That Alabama opening is a crazy job and could create some crazy dominos. Unless they plan to hire within. Not familiar with their staff or history to know if that is even possible.

https://x.com/greear10/status/1744829444315877464?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

GREEEEEEEEAR LOL

2 Likes

For a minute I was like “What does AA have to do with this?” but I guess he means Ann Arbor.

Liberal alcoholics…

The actual call is a huge let down from what I was expecting from the tweet.

“What makes me a true red blooded America is that being racist is the only thing I care about at all”

Ok well, story checks out lol

So he is a total Moran

1 Like

As moran as apple pie

12 Likes

now that there’s a parade at 4pm saturday and a celebration at crysler at 7pm, figured i wouldn’t be able to get tickets to the arena but the parade vibes would be worth the drive. then i checked the weather…

high temp of 29, high winds and the day before, 7” of snow forecast.

almost makes me wish i grew up rooting for an sec school haha.

Greeeear is trash but that’s funny. Was listening and was like holy shit it’s greeear lol

1 Like

I stopped going to therapy after the Chiefs won the SB. It felt like a weight was lifted.

I’m not proud that it meant that much to me, just being honest about it.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/N0rearview/status/1589094110149120000

2 Likes