College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

Agreed on all this. The lesser schools will be a proving ground for the youngest qbs and then will move on to the bigger schools. From a balance standpoint it will suck especially with how football is organized at the moment.

CFB is now the EPL

2 Likes

On the plus side this opens up opportunities for players who were not heavily recruited in high school to perform well and increase their chances of getting paid.

There are plenty of issues to settle so this isnā€™t over, but it makes it a near-certainty that the PAC will survive in one form or another. Go Cougs and Beavs.

1 Like

Do they get a guaranteed playoff spot?

Iā€™m pretty sure the powers that be have already said ā€œlol noā€ to that.

Going to be hilarious when the 12 team playoffs are 10 BIG/SEC teams and two randoms

Guaranteed slots for the major conf champs. Iā€™d assume PAC status as a major in jeopardy.

I think itā€™s just 5 highest rated champs (was 6 before pac imploded). I guess thatā€™s basically the same as guarantee for Big-12 and ACC, but could get theoretically get left out.

So this year it would have been 9 B1G/SEC plus FSU, OK St (or whoever would have won), and Liberty.

Pretty funny that you think weā€™ll let in any randos

3 Likes

Yeah. Guaranteed spots for BIG / SEC. Thatā€™s what I said

1 Like

I, for one, did not have UCLA actually showing up to play in their bowl game.

And then to make the traveling and scheduling easier, the one super conference would be broken up into 6 sub-conferences which represent the region of the country that the teams play in.

6 Likes

Ok but USC and UCLA are not allowed in the western sub-conference.

64 team D1 football is the way to go.

Non-conference games that have no bearing on national title chances or bowl eligibility seems pointless. NFL preseason without roster drama.

Randomize matchups or have a formula that attempts fairness and have the games count in conference standings imo.

Thatā€™s literally what we had and SEC was like nah we want all the $$$

I wonder how long before we start to see the SEC/B1G start to kick out schools - or start to give schools unequal shares of TV revenue, etc. Doesnā€™t really make sense for a school like Vanderbilt, etc. to get the same revenue as they bring pretty much nothing to the SEC. We already saw the start of this with FSU demanding a bigger share of ACC money.

Do recruits typically let the coaches know first that they arenā€™t picking them before doing the hats on the table show?

It goes without saying that college football coaches are at the bottom of the list of sympathetic people but I hate these demonstrations.

1 Like

The PAC officially belongs to OSU and WSU now.

3 Likes