College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

i’d take two if it means fsu

Mich
Wash
Bama
Texas

Watching selection show for the first time all year.

Feels like Michigan UW FSU and Texas. Could see them swap FSU and Texas though.

Brutal for FSU

1 Like

i cant stand bama but this will almost certainly be the best and most balanced playoffs in the last ten years. everyone wants FSU in until the games actually get played and they get blown off the field.

Michigan will still be favored against Alabama.

Still must be crushing not to get the auto-ticket to the Final.

1 Like

well that’s certainly why i personally wanted fsu in, pretty fucking huge title equity swing there.

but im not sure michigan was ever playing FSU, how do you justify Texas > FSU but not also Bama > FSU? it was either going to be Texas > Bama > FSU or FSU > Texas > Bama

thought they had an auto ticket last year. fuck paul finebaum, fuck the sec and fuck alabama.

Idk but I would love to know how close the percentages were on Bama vs FSU. Had to be pretty damn thin.

Michigan’s best chance to punish SEC/Saban/Bama in the last
iteration of this Playoff.

I have to think some of the BIG/SEC drama went into it, too. Why have a committee if you’re not going to add some of that subjectivity?

FanDuel opened mich/bama -3.5 but already down to -1.5.

Kudos that those that jumped on Bama +3.5. Could easily see a full 3 point (or more swing towards Bama)

So auburn beats Bama a few weeks ago

Bama wins yesterday

UM
UW
TEXAS
UGA

Am I doing this right?

Michigan went from +125 to +170 to title

Yep

Yeah. Great little system they got there.

+125 had to be after lines moved away from FSU making playoff (or after playoff announcement).

+170 makes sense as Michigan is -130 and will probably be -190 (average of Tex/Wash outcome) in title game.

Brutal for somebody. 5 major conferences. 4 spots. Always going to happen. Only PAC suckage (sometimes B12) has saved the system most years.

Get this, it used to be two spots, so undefeated power conf champs were left out more frequently.

Do we know the timing next year?

I hope the 5 thru 12 matchups happen before Xmas with a 2-3 week break and then the national quarters on NYD 12-3-6-9 o’clock.

it was +125 when i checked last night, probably gradually got longer and longer the less FSU’s playoff chances got