College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

Wasn’t he a big piece of shit at miss st or wherever?

Hookers and sexual assault, just an enormous piece of shit

That was bad, and it was dumb (he used a FOIA-able phone).

He also did shit like message sexual assault victims on twitter who dared to criticize his boss at Liberty. Just zero self-control and a douche.

1 Like

omfg i hadn’t seen donovan saying “which one?!?” and then laughing with jj :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I AM SO HAPPY STILL MY GOD

4 Likes

listen, this is the best video of any type that i’ve ever seen. i’ve already screen recorded 4 different 30-second clips and i still have 3 minutes to go.

my GOD what a rant. :heart:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/samwebb77/status/1597225732157022208?s=46&t=ehkKMciGxv0AY32-PTA8xA

https://twitter.com/samwebb77/status/1597228237977157633?s=46&t=ehkKMciGxv0AY32-PTA8xA

Webb went on a rant Saturday, apparent Zach smith was going at him by name.

ESPN’s playoff predictor has been updated to reflect last week. Let’s see what happens when if we pick chalk in the CCGs:

12% based on their models, not actual odds. I calculated it from the earliest lines that came out and got 25%. Updated odds don’t change it much, maybe 27% if you use Bovada. Of course, I don’t think anyone believes that UGA or UM losing knocks them out, so really we’re only interested in the other two. In that case I calculate about 30% (+/- 1%) chance that TCU and USC both win depending on which odds and assumptions I use.

You all know about college football way more than me, but if TCU loses versus KSU, say in a reasonable game, they are still likely to make the playoffs? I know many of you have said this is the case before, but I just have a hard time trusting the process.

It’s really going to suck if Ohio State gets in, rendering the biggest game of the season basically meaningless.

1 Like

I feel like TCU should be 100% in barring a blowout loss or a loss with an injury to either Duggan or Quentin Johnson.

HOWEVER, The CFP Committee has shown through the first 6-7 years of this process that they prize big names and ratings drivers over any sense of fairness when comparing resumes, or any sense of intellectual consistency. So if TCU loses a close one and Ohio State jumps over them, I wouldn’t be shocked at all.

2 Likes

You have to think all the way back to, well, last year to remember when an undefeated “dominant” team was beaten badly in their final game and still made the playoff.

Feel like this is at least equally accurate.

The only solace I can take is that Ohio State is going to get boatraced by Georgia if they get in the playoffs.

But certain events are disqualifying events, and losing to your biggest rival at home by 22 as a 9 point favorite should be one of them.

To be honest, this year is probably the best year for the “Flexible Playoff Format” idea.

If TCU loses, it’s just Michigan and Georgia.

If TCU wins, they play Michigan in the semifinal and the winner gets their shot at the champs.

1 Like

Nah, I really don’t think the world is dying to see Michigan / Ohio State again. Maybe that’s just my bias but when its a curb stomping like that we really don’t need round two.

1 Like

More ESPN tool scenarios:

(1) TCU loses

(2) USC loses

(3) TCU and USC lose

(4) Georgia loses, Michigan loses, TCU loses, USC wins

1 Like

OSU/Mich not that much different from UGA/Bama last year.

Also, conference championship games are a fucking joke. Nice money grab there that doesn’t provide any additional clarity.

Agreed. In fact I think most of us think there have been to many of these games already. They have done this 100 times and it still isn’t clear which one is the best state. Just give it up imo.