Climate Change and the Environment

Reduce the human population somehow and aggressively while building robots to take care of old people ldo

Look, Covid is doing the best that it can.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-11/world-s-biggest-oil-exporter-to-make-huge-bet-on-carbon-storage

Seems to be a lot of copium itt over the past day speculating about things that won’t be effective fast enough that we’re not going to do anyway.

8 Likes

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

Fuck?

Right, we are going with holy fucking fuck, right?

When I read all these articles about the drought and how fast rivers dry up its hard to see how mankind could adapt quickly enough. It seems like a pipe dream. I mean it could take only 1-2 back to back years like that and we have no idea on the lasting effects on our food production and water supplies.

1 Like

Food production is the one where things get alarming. Droughts are regional and people can move, but some of the most productive farmland in is at risk. I was looking at satellite images of all the reservoirs in the Sierra Nevadas that make agriculture possible in CA’s central valley, and they’re all really low with very visible bathtub rings. Something like 10% of the produce in the US comes from that valley, and it’s a desert without irrigation.

I get that, but shouldn’t the change in temperature make some land that is not good for farming suddenly better? I’m not saying there will be a 1:1 replacement, but part of the adapting will involve people growing crops elsewhere.

Less corn. More wheat.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/3124/global-climate-change-impact-on-crops-expected-within-10-years-nasa-study-finds/#:~:text=Using%20advanced%20climate%20and%20agricultural,human-caused%20greenhouse%20gas%20emissions.

Climate change may affect the production of maize (corn) and wheat as early as 2030 under a high greenhouse gas emissions scenario, according to a new NASA study published in the journal, Nature Food . Maize crop yields are projected to decline 24%, while wheat could potentially see growth of about 17%.

America is going to turn this wheat boon into High Sucrose Wheat Syrup.

Hank Green is hopeful. He talks fast, too.

2 Likes

It’s just summer stupid libtards.

I wonder how many more of these are out there waiting to be found.

This is probably really stupid, but where does the water end up? Isn’t earth essentially a closed system?

The ice wall surrounding the flat earth, duh

i dont understand it either.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The ocean, I suppose.

A lot of it went to Kentucky a couple weeks ago.