ChrisV's Walrus - Reveal Thread

Apologies btw, edited in :slight_smile:

Game was a tremendous amount of fun, thanks.
Wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to take this on, not only for the sheer amount of listening needed but also the fun metagame posts keeping people involved.

1 Like

If no one else wants to host the next one I’ll do it.

4 Likes

I want Jalfrezi to do it. I think he’ll like my picks.

yeah, Chris was a good host

lol you mister classic rock? Jal has serious alternative sensibilities … though he does love Zep.

Most of the podium tracks I thought were borderline tedious dirges. :frowning:

Also I don’t really do comtemp “R&B” (wtf decided to call it that?) or rap because I’m an old. I guess that’s what you mean. I better pass on this idea.

Bring it on, Louis.

It‘s hard to admit you made a mistake. I appreciate that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for introducing us to the Walrus and being our gamemaster. That was a lot of fun and your write ups certainly contributed a huge deal to that. You set the bar quite high and I doubt mine will be nearly as good.

1 Like

I have come up with 6 categories and a 7th which is for submitting a song that was a strong second choice in one of the 6 categories.

Is your category 7 a staple of walrus games? Do you recommend have a category that let‘s participants submit whatever they like?

Everybody else is welcome to weigh in, too, of course.

Nope, there is nothing really constant about walruses other than a steadily declining pace of reveal :slight_smile:

1 Like

I meant to reply to this, obviously lmk if you’re heading out here. If you want a buddy driving across the Nullabor I’m keen. I’ve never been across it and don’t particularly want to do it by myself. I also really like south Western WA (albany-esperance area), only been there once and would like to go back. Underrated part of the country.

1 Like

@LouisCyphre are you going to be the hero we deserve?

I’ll start a new thread soon. Who is in for the next round?

Here we go: Louis Cyphre's Walrus

Bored at work so here are some stats. I used Spotify and just went with the first match that came up (i.e. I didn’t add up different remasters, etc.) Small sample size so averages are meaningless, but again, I’m bored.

Final Rank / Entrant / Avg # of Spotify Plays per Song
1 / @LouisCyphre / 6,055,382
2 / @microbet / 36,981,952
3 / @pyatnitski / 1,959,387
4 / @Jalfrezi / 11,267,511
5 / @Lawnmower_Man / 25,351,085
6 / @Twist / 4,242,754
7 / @Pauwl / 15,452,026
8 / @WesleyC / 13,086,474
9 / @suzzer99 / 16,712,428
10 / @JohnnyTruant / 17,095,907
11 / hokie / 9,054,556
12 / skydiver8 / 87,502,991
13 / Master3004 / 56,393,214
14 / Goebs80 / 16,678,920
15 / NotBruceZ / 4,242,375

Round Placing / Avg # of Spotify Plays per Song
Last / 3,567,113
Bronze / 21,454,580
Silver / 10,813,968
Gold / 23,758,093

Song with highest listens - skydiver8 with a-ha - Take On Me (560,653,658)

Song with fewest listens - @pyatnitski with Leon Rosselson - Stand Up For Judas (5,419)

@suzzer99 entered a song that actually probably has the fewest listens (Deskhop - Community Fetishism) but since it’s not on a streaming service or YouTube I couldn’t quantify it.

6 Likes

@hokie
@skydiver8
@CanadaMatt3004
@NotBruceZ

Confirmed: I’m not a hipster.

2 Likes

Take away a-ha and your average drops to 8.6mil

@Lawnmower_Man just want to say I think the title track off There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard is awesome. Album is pretty great as a whole.

1 Like

She might be the only person in top 40 making actual art, and to that I’m surprised by how popular she is according to charts, metrics, etc. Most people I talk to have either never heard of her or never heard her music. Might be due to my location here in the HEARTLAND of the U, S, & A though not sure.