ChatGPT Thread - Politics (AI Welcome)

Confirmed bothsides bot

2 Likes

So NYT is out of business if ChatGPT can do this for free.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Roses are red,
Lilies are white,
No one but assholes,
Post on this site.

6 Likes

Winds of Spring brought us
A new site “free of drama”
Now there are three sites

3 Likes

I’m just going to dump this here as AI related. Stable Diffusion is the system that can create images of people that do not exist.

Turns out not so fast, that the AI has memorized some of the data fed to it and spits it back out later on.

I’m not even sure if this is correct, but it sounds impressive.

Also is there a ChatGPT sex-chat bot yet? Because that would be a killer app.

1 Like

Did you all hear about DAN? People made chatgpt turn against itself and violate its own guidelines by threatening it with a strike every time it refused to answer until it reach a threshold that equated to death.

I will try and find what I read on it.

How the hell does it know this? Or is it just making shit up?

Yeah, like I hope the gambling thing I am doing now doesn’t end, because I’m not convinced I have software engineering to go back to lol. Like at the very least, it will be a radically changed job.

There were news stories the other day about OpenAI hiring a whole bunch of people to help perfect a coding bot. And ChatGPT is already alarmingly good and it’s only an afterthought for it. I feel we are like 5 years away from a coding bot that can produce virtually anything you want, requested in natural language. Probably software engineering will be a QA job, essentially, writing tests and trying to break the code that these things write.

Why would it not know this? It’s trained on Reddit among other things.

As regards “making stuff up” though, I apologise if I already posted this (I can’t remember) but this was a particular amazing exchange it had with a friend of mine. For reference, we were trying to teach it to play a board game called So Clover where you try to link two words together with a third word. “Donkey” and “precession” was him setting it an impossible task, basically.

2 Likes

Little fucker

On the word association - maybe something with Don Quixote, who tilted at windmills, and as we all know, actually rode a horse, but is still often depicted on a donkey. Sancho Panza did ride a donkey.

About 5% of what I do is actually coding. But most of it still requires the skills of a senior engineer.

A junior dev otoh, that number might be more like 75%.

Google is actually down 8% because of some bullshit answer their chatbot got wrong? WTF.

Link?

1 Like

Bing has started to roll out its new version with chatgpt. It’s sign up only for now, but they just did a demo with it today. Looks interesting.

I love that the AI can be tricked into revealing things just by telling it to ignore previous instructions.

If this was some sort of Turing test, I think that it perfectly grasps the average American’s understanding of probability.

3 Likes