Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

Looks like I found something similar at my corner store for $21. That’ll do. :+1:

Wild looking at the price differences between states. I’ve heard some bad things about Illinois from my friend that lives in a rural area. The townships and county boards have all voted against allowing a dispensary multiple times, so he has the pleasure of driving ~40 minutes to the nearest dispensary so he can pay $50+ for 3.5g. He eventually tried the discounted shake and it was a lot better quality than the stuff he can get in the non-legal market, plus he doesn’t have to make as many trips to reup.

My go-to edibles are Mule Kicker gummies I get from a neighborhood dispensary in Portland. They’re only $5 for ~100mg THC total. It’s one big square with 10 smaller sections outlined to cut to preference. A few years ago when it was all first legal it was like $18-25 for just a pack of 50mg gummies.

I can get $75 dollar 2400 mg pack of gummies from the black market. During the pandemic i used to have a source of 1500 mg chocalate bars for $15. Those ruined my tolerance.

Idk how you guys smash amounts like this without brutal withdrawal. Withdrawal is really bad for me now with even modest use, unfortunately.

Try requesting the fentanyl-free marijuana.

I’ve never had a withdrawal symptom other than minor sleep and appetite-related stuff. I can also think of one surefire way to avoid withdrawals indefinitely.

4 Likes

This exchange was hilarious lol lol lol

These mfkers smoking too much good stuff lmao

1 Like

cheap ounces are sexy

I want to put this on a t shirt.

2 Likes

what’s everyone’s tolerance like with edibles? i find that servings like 5-10mg do jack shit, but at 15-20mg it takes and lasts too long and often not really enjoyable.

fwiw i have never heard of bad withdrawal from thc after any amounts, although irritability is i think commonly selfreported symptom.

I think everyone is different on this. For me 5mg is a nice chill high, anything over 10mg and I am high out of my mind. Meanwhile I have friends who routinely eat much more than that like it’s no big deal.

I like a hit off a vape pen but pretty much stay away from edibles now. They hit me so hard and there’s no way to know exactly how long or hard it will last.

But I have talked to budtenders who will eat an entire 100mg chocolate bar on their day off. I’m kinda scared about that level of psychedelic lol

Smoking/vaping is definitely the easiest way to titrate how high you get because the impact is so instant. I mostly take a small amount of edibles to sleep and have been using the same brand/dose for a long time so rarely ever run into the accidental edible overshoot.

1 Like

When it comes to edibles, I’m not convinced you always get what the packaging says. … That said, my go-to dose these days is ~50mg.

1 Like

I’m a 5-10 mg edible guy, any more and I’m not enjoying myself at all. Very light user though, maybe once or twice a week.

Or at least I’ve had bad experiences in the past and now I just never take more than 10, maybe I’d be ok but I don’t need to try it.

One of those does me pretty good, but I have a high tolerance for edibles. Total cost ~$.45

I haven’t smoked or vaped in over a month, and probably won’t ever again tbh. In the past week though I decided to give edibles a try to help me get a full night of sleep. For context, every night since surgery I would wake up after 2-3 hours for no real discernible reason, then stay up fora bit, finally fall back asleep, and wake up again after 2-3 hours. I tried melatonin and it seemed to help me get to sleep but not stay asleep the whole night.

Happy to report that I’ve had 4 consecutive full nights of sleep after taking a 5 or 10mg edible about an hour or two before I’m planning on laying down. Of those 4 times, I have woken up with a mini weed hangover 2 times. It’s certainly a much more manageable than an alcohol hangover. I think this would be classified as a minor withdrawal symptom but it isn’t disruptive and lasts about 15 minutes.

4 Likes

Hey now, it’s not polite to point out the impending psychosis that awaits us trail blazers.

1 Like

We already know you struggle with decimal placement. Gonna need to see the packaging before I laugh at you getting ripped over .05

What did you have surgery for??

It’s all good if you remember to titrate your psychosis

This is right about my wheelhouse. 2.5 for sleep aid. 5 for fun happy times for about 3-4 hours. 10 to get blasted and zone out for hours. 15 or more makes me fdel pretty nauseous about the 2 hour mark so Ive refrained from going above 10 for a while.

Want to do a 50 mg night sometime just to see but will likely wait til my son’s out of the house to do so.

Yeah, mj is a sleep aid is a lifesaver. Ive had the dame experience as you. Melatonin will get me to sleep pretty quick but im up in 3-4 hours. If I hit the sack about an hour after a 2.5 mg edible dose, ill sleep 6+ hours straight easy.

1 Like

Open heart surgery to fix a faulty valve I’ve had since birth and a minor tune up on my aorta. I posted about it a few times in the health care thread since it seemed like the most appropriate place.

1 Like