Business & Management chat

LOLOL top brands like… lists goop first.

1 Like

I’m pretty low level so it’s even worse when I have like a 5-6 emails back and forth with someone then if things aren’t going exactly their way the 7th has an out of the blue cc of my manager. Fuck you dude. That’s some Karen level horseshit right there.

1 Like

I actually spent the time to google “blue navy”. It’s not a thing. Who knows.

Yeah there are so many red flags in that recruitment attempt lol. I wouldn’t hire anyone who didn’t spot them and run.

Its still going! On a sunday evening!

I don’t know “Colleen”, maybe fucking $? A company name?

1 Like

This needs to be your response verbatim.

Just checked out her linkedin page. It was…um… interesting.

I guess I just have no idea what the career path is for a recruiter.

Think I’ve said this before but when I really get fed up with these guys I just respond with a 2 character response of “$?” and invariably they ship over what the salary range is almost instantly. I would guess their form letter stuff doesn’t want to be datafarmed or whatever you want to call it.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/chimeracoder/status/1426917612995350531?s=20

1 Like

Fast-paced is a huge red flag. It usually means chaos and long hours.

2 Likes

And everyone hates explorer.

2 Likes

I’m a director and people still pull the same shit with me. My boss is always on the same page though and doesn’t like that shit. The incident I described above was somebody something like 6 to 7 rungs below me who ended up copying in executive directors and VPs lol. (In his own business unit though, not mine.)

Lol, yeah. Imagine being proud of killing your marriage to get Explorer out there so people could use it to download better browsers.

6 Likes

Hey, most people downloaded better browsers, but IE also secured a loyal (or at least locked-in) userbase that get to experience a never-ending parade of critical security vulnerabilities.

My wife works for [large professional services outfit], and they have a web application that handles confidential data that they have to run on IE 11. The reason is that if you open it in a modern browser, the browser completely loses its shit about all the wildly insecure nonsense the app is trying to do and refuses to proceed. But IE 11 keeps on trucking.

1 Like

I leave the batteries out of my smoke alarm for the same reason.

1 Like

I don’t understand how people get to that point, my brain is just not wired to ever go to those lengths for an employer. I could see it being possible if it was for some kind of noble cause but working on a shitty fucking internet browser for a company that could afford to hire 3x the number of people on your team so you didn’t have to put in 80 hour work weeks, naw

It’s basically brainwashing. The Cult Of Grind is still pretty active, lots of social media bragging about working crazy hours etc., like it’s something to be proud of. Obviously corporations have no interest in disavowing people of that notion (try though they may to make a big show of caring about employee burnout - their concern about burnout is really that they want you to work yourself to death, but not so quickly that they haven’t extracted maximum value from you!).

Its a little surprising this is still the case. IE is not supported by MS any more. How do they possibly justify running insecure software?

I always get a kick out of megacorp employees having intense anxiety about switching jobs. They’ll fire you in an instant and not think twice about it! If they actually valued you, you wouldn’t have to switch jobs!

The whole dance where you basically have to switch jobs every 2-4 years to avoid being massively underpaid is just plain enraging.

It obviously can’t be justified, but I suspect the reason is that it’s this gigantic homebrew system that’s mission-critical for all of their employees. I bet there’s a committee somewhere that’s interviewing consultants to advise them on choosing a vendor to migrate the system to something more modern, and in 2025 they’ll be ready to flip the switch.

1 Like