Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

You the real mvp

1 Like

My internet contrarian take of the day is that the best ice cream sandwiches are the cheap ones you can get at the gas station withe the airy ice cream and soft chocolate wafers. The worst are the fancy kind with the fatty ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. A classic example of the whole being the lesser of its parts. Just look at that picture - the whole thing is falling apart after a single bite.

6 Likes

Your argument is weak, specious and invalid.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a relatively standard take. In the old country, I think El Diablo started a huge thread with that take.

I have had some pretty high end ice cream sandwiches. Every single time Iā€™d have rather eaten the ice cream in a good cone and eaten the cookies separately afterwards.

Itā€™s not just a structural integrity problem. A good specialty shop can largely overcome that. Imo, the main problem is that a good cookie with good ice cream is too sweet. A good cone is so much better in large part because itā€™s not very sweet and complements the ice cream in a more balanced way.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with this. Actually the structural integrity makes it better by forcing you to eat the ice cream separately. An altogether misguided concoction. Although no doubt somewhere you can get one with a slice of birthday cake on top or maybe some fried chicken and waffles.

3 Likes

You need a thicker cookie and less ice cream than what was pictured. I had them once made by SIL and the cookies were warm and it was elite.

1 Like

I have had some good ones too. Iā€™d still prefer the components separately with the ice cream in a quality cone. Thatā€™s why I find them disappointing.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure, and itā€™s not here.

1 Like

At the risk of sharing
a) my age
b) how ferocious nerdy I was in junior high in the '80s

2 Likes

fixed

2 Likes

We donā€™t got Mojo Nixon.

This world could use some fixinā€™.

3 Likes

Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper was the first concert I ever went to, true story.

Twitter says he dies after performing on a cruise line. This country just destroys our heros imo.

3 Likes

Ah fuck. :frowning:

I first started listening to Mojoā€™s satellite radio show in 2012. Heā€™d always say ā€œGeorge Jones sings so good it makes your dick hardā€ and Mojo was who broke the news to me when George Jones passed away

2 Likes

It was the Outlaw Country Cruise. Annual cruise put on by the Outlaw Country channel (by far the best satellite radio channel) that hosted his show and that he looked forward to every year and always raved about how fun it was. At least he was surrounded by people he loved to be around and who loved him.

Yeah it sounds like he loved it, when I thought he was just playing the Aloha Room on a Carnival Cruise or something that made me sad.

1 Like

The rolling stone article makes it sound like he went out in style, on his terms.

1 Like

Oh no, bummer!

Back in college I babysit his kid for him when he played at a festival. It was pretty fun to sit out in the lawn with the little guy while Dad played ā€œSheā€™s Vibrator Dependentā€.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/PussycowLA/status/1755416628337275203?t=y0X_bEWCa97H3sELE5DsbA&s=19

5 Likes