Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

Hey Clovis, I think there might be a misunderstanding on what a one hit wonder is.

That being said I really appreciate the contributions you make to this forum. You are one of the few adults in the room and I enjoy talking with you.

Examples include : Vanilla Ice , Ice ice Baby, Dexies Midnight Runners , Come on Eileen etc

1 Like

Sounds like we need a one-hit wonders draft

No need to get so blue

Hahaha Jamaican mistake is a terrible song but buffet was a legend. Pirate Looks at 40 is geniusā€¦ itā€™s not that the music is good but as someone upthread noted he tapped into some weird nostalgia vibes.

Iā€™ve always hated Get Drunk and Screw.

Volcano is great. Calling him a 1 hit wonder just says you didnā€™t know him.

I mean Iā€™m sure Hanson had entire albums

Jimmy Buffet wasnā€™t a great musician or anything but really, calling him a one hit wonder ā€¦ look maybe itā€™s just a perspective ā€¦ Iā€™m not offended jf you think itā€™s true but I donā€™t even know which of his songs you think was the one hit.

Again, he wasnā€™t a great musician but he tapped into some deep life dissatisfaction w middle aged people, which garnered him a group of devoted fans and a lot of radio play. Not a great musician but calling him a one hit wonder feels.silly imo

This

Iā€™m assuming USA only. If weā€™re going worldwide, Iā€™m not completely confident in that.

He had only one top ten hit, so itā€™s obvious which is the one hit, but he had a few other smaller hits.

Anyone itt ever see the coastal MA area Buffet impersonator ? I think his last name was Plunkett but my memory is quite foggy atm.

1 Like

IMG_7129

1 Like

1 Like

If we are going worldwide, no one is coming close to 10%

Buffetā€™s music sucks and his fanbase is full of Trump morons. He also fully sold out to the corporate bullshit that makes this country awful.

2 Likes

I tried to come up with other good suggestions for large selection knows 2 songs. Only two I could come up with were The Beatles and Elton John.

The Beatles obviously why, but not sure.

Elton John had the Rocket Man movie recently, and also had Candle in the Wind for Princess Dianaā€™s death.

Teresa Teng dominates the worldwide 10% race.

Ok, thatā€™s probably an exaggeration.

Depending on the rules of this non-existent 10% game, John Williams could be an easy over or way under. Most likely still under.

I think modern stuff probably has greater cut through today. We are a lot more global now than we were in the Beatles era.

Iā€™d be interested to see the global % on Queen. I know they were a big band, and they have the type of straightforward anthems that seem like they would have a lot of global crossover.

Also, BTS

Put me in the zero column for BTS songs. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever heard a single one.