Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

I would would say that poker pros these days in general are more left leaning than the population. I’m not sure about the average old timey pro from Doyle’s time though.

I think lots of poker pros become poker pros because it offers a way out of getting an average shit 9-5 job. Most are just scraping by.

In the dumb society that we have create basically everyone is getting exploited for the maximum by a select few and nearly every job is exploiting others to help pad the bank account of those select few. I can’t blame poker pros for trying to survive, like most people are, in this hellscape.

Having said that in a perfect utopia world I would agree that gambling and poker shouldn’t exist but we are so far away from anything even close to a perfect world.

1 Like

I think we should grade on a curve based on

1. Average deplorability per age group. And
  2. Deplorable trajectory over time.

So a grandma who was kind of liberal as an adult who makes an effort with their grandkids but doesnt get it and says deplorable shit every now and then… she gets a pass.

Some asshole who stayed shitty their entire life with zero introspection. Fuck that guy.

4 Likes

I didn’t stop, but that was one of the many points where I was thinking “WTF is this shit?”

1 Like

I’d be shocked if he didn’t set up a trust so that probate would be avoided.

Well, to be fair, that’s a pretty dumb position to have.

Who is surprised? It’s seems accepted that he’s deplorable. It’s just a question of whether he should get a pass for being a lol old who grew up in a different generation.

Wut. I haven’t played a hand of poker in over a decade. What I am worried about here is the implication that I need to grade every worthless job that provides no benefit to society, because it’s somewhere on the order of most of them, and you creating a bunch of extra for me isn’t something I’m interested in as a sleepy, lazy person.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro.

What? I’m the one saying it’s really silly to be judging how a person makes a living. Somehow you, and the “all poker players are deplorable, even if the only reason is how they make a living” troll who’s always had a poker income, are calling me the “yet you participate in society” side

You claimed people who make money from poker cannot be non-deplorable. Not me. So you’re being very stupid, as usual, in assuming that me talking about well-paid bullshit jobs is me saying the people with those jobs are just as deplorable as you declared poker players to be, when I never declared poker players deplorable in the first place.

Wrong. They can also be fraud hucksters.

1 Like

Awfulize not

1 Like

Anyone really want to live in a society that bans everything that is a net negative to that society? Because some of the arguments I have seen against gambling are just as valid against any other entertainment.

1 Like

I dont think anyone said we should ban it.

There can a wide space between thinking something is shitty and wanting to ban it.

1 Like

Agree strongly with this.

Doyle is apparently the latter guy.

1 Like

I was literally wanting to hear what you thought since you are so tuned in to so many subjects involving labor.

I thought maybe some big brains had figured out what a universal min wage should be and I could use that to continue to play live and know how much I should be giving back.

Kind of feel like I need to clarify that I do not support anything like this at all.

I don’t want to ban it; I just want to be able to continue to (correctly) point out the scumbags that exist in its milieu.

So how much you stuck lifetime?

Listen here, man. He’s a public defender who can afford to routinely drop a thousand dollars per weekend on poker. And that’s why he knows that everyone can always re-choose how they make their living at any time.

All poker pros are scumbags, because they take money from him. Anyone who works in an office taking money from anyone who never posted under the name Ray Horton on 2p2, is just a normal bro trying to get along in this world. It’s not similar to poker at all.

1 Like