Britney - I'm a Slave 4 U

My understanding - once you get in a conservatorship, it’s hard to get out. It continues indefinitely until the court rules it should end. Specifically for Britney, she has to petition the court to get it to end. She claims she did not know she could do that. She told her lawyer (who was appointed by the court) she wanted it to end, but he did not advise her that she could petition the court (as a possible motive, he gets paid $10k a month, so has a vested interest in the conservatorship not ending).

1 Like

How much of her money have they stolen so far?

Ok. So he just wants control of her money and could let her do it. WTF?! Free Britney! And I thought my step parents were control freaks.

She’s extremely rich.

2 Likes

How is the court like, “Oh yeah this is all totally normal?” Why is there no investigation if she’s alleging abuse? How is she able to perform at a high level for sold-out crowds (for presumably millions in pay) if she’s not “stable” enough to see her own kids?

2 Likes

I think I read her court appointed lawyer, that she doesn’t want representing her, has been collecting $10k per month since like 2008.

I do have to say that from what I’ve read of the Britney case there’s definitely something awry. It will get a lot of attention going forward, as it should.

The main check to the system is that a probate investigator must review the situation every 18 months. But the investigator, like the judge, also relies on the credibility of the court appointees.

According to the New York Times, which reviewed an internal 2016 report, Spears told her probate investigator that the conservatorship was oppressive and that she wanted out. The investigator said it should continue because of her “complex finances, susceptibility to undue influence and ‘intermittent’ drug issues, yet called for ‘a pathway to independence and the eventual termination of the conservatorship.’” Britney Spears' conservatorship shines a light on the legal remedy's harsh reality

I mean, this is basically many high profile young entertainers who haven’t broken with a family that had access to dedicated lawyers. She needs someone who more clearly has her interests in mind. She’s definitely not worse off than Trump mentally. Hell, a conservatorship would likely have helped his financial situation a lot.

1 Like

I’m not defending the court’s decision but I do wonder if there are facts in play that we don’t know.

Electric chair for everyone involved in this scheme imo.

4 Likes

Like bribes?

1 Like

Yes there are. Her dad is an abusive psychopath that assaulted her kid while controlling every banal aspect of her life. It’s amazing that the law says the burden of proof is on her to show she’s no longer crazy when this guy is a stone cold lock to be a massive piece of shit that committed perhaps an uncountable / unknowable number of crimes.

4 Likes

I hope it’s a lot more than took some drugs, made some bad choices, let kids run around, maybe some self-harm. Any lawyer could spin that into an end of the world scenario that’s likely unjustified.

1. When he should have been protecting his daughter he allowed her to be sexualized for money as a sixteen year old.

2. He is the court appointed conservator that is the main problem and why this all stinks.

3. He has been able to spend millions, if not tens of millions dollars of her money,

4. His restrictions on her actions are obscene. She is not allowed to have her IUD removed because he won’t let her.

5. She can’t go literally anywhere without his permission. Can’t go visit a friend for lunch without approval.

6. She has asked at the very least that her father he replaced as conservator but the court won’t do it and he refuses to step aside.

There is actually a lot more there too. It’s gross.

I can’t imagine a scenario that would justify all of this given her ability to communicate and work. Normally these are for people who have lost their mental facilities. It is extremely rare for someone so young to be in that position.

I am even willing to concede there might have been a time when this temporarily made sense, but that time has long passed and probably never legitimately existed.

She has asked to hire her own attorney but has been refused as the same court appointed public defender keeps his gravy train intact.

Nobody around here wants to give up their piece of the pie and for some reason the judge must be a defective human.

All the while she works and feeds massive sums of money to all the people involved in what can not be considered anything other than a scheme.

Someone posted above that the review would not end it because she was rich and might use drugs. Lol at that being valid criteria for a conservatorship.

2 Likes

From what i can tell he was basically cut out in 2016.

Although I have read this request was just to remove him from the financial aspects. Apparently he is co conservator still.

From a different article :

Until earlier in 2021, both the financial and personal aspects of the conservatorship were controlled by Jamie Spears. A co-conservator, Jodi Montgomery, is now in charge of the personal arm of Britney Spears’ conservatorship.

Apparently a financial firm was brought in in February to co finance on rye financial side.

I assume the judge leans into family when possible but she has told the judge he does not want him as her conservator. She hasn’t even pushed to end it until very recently, she just wanted her dad out.

Perhaps the judge wants to see how this financial firm works and then might consider removing the dad, but still I am curious as to what’s keeping her in this thing.

See, as far as I can tell this is not true. In 2019 he ceded “conservatorship of her Person”, as it’s called, to Jodi Montgomery, a court-appointed conservator, although since her father until recently needed to approve all expenditures from her estate, he effectively had power of veto of anything involving spending significant sums of money. But anyway, in sworn court filings, both Spears senior and Montgomery say that they have not prevented Britney from marrying or having children:

In his legal filing, Jamie also claimed that during the time he served as conservator of the person for Britney, “he did everything in his power to support and care for Ms. Spears’ well-being and personal decisions including marriage.” (Britney claimed in court her conservators were preventing her from getting married and having more children.)

“He never prevented Ms. Spears from getting married,” Jamie’s court filing states, referring to Spears’ engagement to ex Jason Trawick. (Montgomery’s lawyer’s statement also made clear that marriage and family planning are both "unaffected by the conservatorship.")

“If Britney needs any assistance with either, Ms. Montgomery has and will be there to provide any assistance needed to Britney,” Montgomery’s statement read. “Britney’s choice to marry and to start a family have never been impacted by the conservatorship while Ms. Montgomery has been conservator of the person.”

This is what I mean. The claim that Britney is being made to wear an IUD is as far as I’m aware not substantiated by anyone except Britney herself. And the reason this has not been disputed in the media is that her conservators obviously can’t have a press conference where they’re like “Yo Britney is crazy, she’s a liar, she makes shit up constantly” because it would be incredibly unethical and inflame the situation further. As a result, Britney’s narrative runs in the media unopposed.

I’m not saying that Britney is necessarily making things up or that the conservatorship is not abusive. I’m saying I’m not convinced anyone ITT is in possession of all the facts.

Edit: IDK if we have a Spears thread already? But if a mod is reading this maybe extract this to another thread.

1 Like

She isn’t? She hasn’t performed since 2017. She was going to take up a residency in 2019, but she pulled out of it because her mental health was not good enough. It’s not in this quote, but I remember seeing her confirm herself that this was the reason.

Britney Spears’ mental health is in such a precarious state that she won’t be going back for another Las Vegas residency in the near future — and she may never perform again, her longtime manager Larry Rudolph revealed in an interview.

“As the person who guides her career — based on the information I and all of the professionals who work with her are being told on a need-to-know basis — from what I have gathered it’s clear to me she should not be going back to do this Vegas residency, not in the near future and possibly never again,” Rudolph told TMZ.

As Rudolph indicated, Spears, 37, is not well enough mentally or physically to resume rehearsals for her “Domination” show, which originally was scheduled to kick off in February.

My emphasis. Again, this suggests both that there is a lot of information that is not public and that Britney is profoundly unwell.

Around 1.5 million Americans are under a conservatorship

Most of those are probably elderly people with dementia etc though - Britney situations would be a small minority.

1 Like

Well the misogyny itt is not surprising given other threads. At least we can appreciate the consistency of the position.

I’m surprised that some supposed white night type like Gloria Allred hasn’t come forward on her behalf. (I understand Avenatti is occupied).

Hopefully the spotlight is on and real answers and real justice will come through.

I’ll be shocked if a financial audit doesn’t show malfeasance by the conservership.

2 Likes