Binding Vote - Concerning Election and Reelection of Moderators

There is no prohibition on soliciting forum opinions for rules in an RFC just because you have “skin in the game.” But the fact that no one, not even you, stepped up to show the popularity of your proposal is evidence against its popularity.

There’s no harm in it.

A better process than this one would have been a series of simple Yes/No votes, establishing a clear majority for the final decision, instead of what we now have which is a firmly expressed community preference overruled by a subsequent vote. lol

1 Like

Cliffs, wants a better process, doesn’t suggest a process, whataboutism, no clear argument, voted yes.

IMO Option 1, if you don’t like the proposed rule then develop a coherent argument against it with a clear alternative proposal. Option 2 is after this one passes create a suggested amendment using the advice presented in Option 1.

1 Like

Please edit the OP to be a little more clear. I’ve read the paragraph twice and have no idea what we’re voting on and neither does anyone else apparently.

IE -

Yes means these specific things will happen

No means nothing will happen (assuming that’s the case)

An edit would invalidate the vote imo and we’d have to OH NO vote again.

Fixed.

There are an infinite number of yes/no questions that could be asked. There is no need to answer ones that no one wants to ask.

As for your personal bugbear, there is a clear majority support for no term limits in the RFC thread, so I’m not sure why you think the final vote overrode firmly expressed community sentiment.

His position is clear. He wants a well defined process as described in his brain with no agreement from anyone else. He wants a dictatorship just with a different king.

No, the number of Yes/No questions is clearly finite.

Should the number of moderators be 1?
Should the number of moderators be 2?
Should the number of moderators be 3?

Should the number of moderators be 9732419832298347?

I think it’s probably countably infinite rather than uncountably infinite, but clearly there are an infinite number of yes/no questions that can be asked.

1 Like

lol not like that.

1. Fixed terms Yes/No
  2. If Yes, 0-6 months or 6+ months (or could be 0-12 months or 12-24 months), then keep dividing into two

Can all be done in one post probably, minimising effort needed for regs to vote, though maximising OP effort.

1 Like

You, or anyone, were welcome to do that at any time. No one bothered, and it’s not required by our system.

lol ok bruv

lol all you want, but don’t blame me for not doing something that isn’t required and that you can’t be arsed to do.

Not being required also covers what you did do.

Sure. I put up more polls than were absolutely required. Like I said, there are an infinite number of things that can be asked. It’s not needed to ask all of them, so things that no one cares to ask don’t get asked.

Literally no one offered any tweaks, and it met agreed upon standards in more than the minimum required amount of time to offer further input.

Took the words out of my mouth. The optics of formulating poll structures and questions that give results closely aligned with your own wishes aren’t great (though I’m sure this was by accident rather than design, obviously).

1 Like

LOL at “clinging on to modship.”