BINDING POLL: Should Pocketchads be made moderator?

Please vote! Thread

Shall PocketChads be made a moderator? Appointment shall be subject to future initiatives to define moderator selection and terms.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Looking like a squeaker.

iron’s always gotta be different

2 Likes

Moderator? I’d be fine with him as the UP emperor.

2 Likes

1 Like

Does the banner not let anyone actually vote? The first vote I saw didn’t let me either and I just figured it was broken, didn’t think to come to this sub forum for the vote then.

what are the arguments against

This is my fault. I should have included a link to the thread. I included a link just a little bit ago.

1 Like

Not enough bribery.

Chad’s is too good of a person to be subjected to modding you swine. But it could be funny so let’s do it.

4 Likes

Yeah I’d love to hear from the no voters

@iron81 @AllTheCheese @bobman0330 @mtl2d @Pauwl

I don’t think it’s a coincidence our two resident " centrists " Iron and Bob were no’s

I think Chad’s extreme leftism and lack of respect for other viewpoints would lead to poor decision making as a mod.

Extreme leftism? Cmon dude. I’m more center left than most of the lefties but he’s quite mild. Can you post any examples?

I’m saying this as someone who hasn’t had a very good relationship with him.

1 Like

My idea of extreme leftism is someone who rejects capitalism and the concept of police, at least rhetorically.

He means caring too much about the struggles of the homeless, immigrants, marginalized, etc. and feeling tortured and having the need to do something about it instead of burying those feelings deep inside and going on with their lives like most people do.

Not trolling or attacking Iron with that statement, some people feel threatened by people like Chad. A fair amount of the conservative zeitgeist is getting upset with liberals for bringing the world’s problems to their attention because then they would feel the need to do something about it, and then a step further they couldn’t put a dent in the problems even if they tried.

4 Likes

In what way does what you consider his lack of respect for other viewpoints differ from your level of respect for things that you would consider to be extreme leftism?

Are you saying that just being an extreme leftist is disrespect to capitalist centrists and shouldn’t be allowed?

If you have something to say, say it.

I mean I figured it was obvious, but I’d guess you guys don’t want a leftist to have power even though the vast majority of the forums beliefs are closer to Chads than yours.

But I was open to hear different reasons. Sounds like it was correct in Irons take.

This is pretty deranged. Can we have secret ballot for future votes?

1 Like