Biggest Assholes of All Time Draft

That’s like taking Newt. Except Lee is DEAD.

2 Likes

Reagan is a good choice, though a lot of his assholery is centered around other people taking advantage of a demented old fuck

1 Like

That’s not really assholery.

Yea Reagan was more senile than asshole.

Nah he was a complete asshole too. Nowhere near the list of biggest assholes of all time imo, but definitely an asshole.

2 Likes

This may be spew, but I’m taking Jerry Falwell Sr. Just such a fucking asshole.

Christopher Hitchens — ‘If you gave Jerry Falwell an enema he could be buried in a matchbox.’

Falwell on AIDS: “AIDS is not just God’s punishment for homosexuals; it is God’s punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.”

Falwell on feminism: “I listen to feminists and all these radical gals – most of them are failures. They’ve blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That’s all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they’re mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They’re sexist. They hate men – that’s their problem.”

Falwell on the ACLU: “The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews.”

Falwell on global warming: “The whole global warming thing is created to destroy America’s free enterprise system and our economic stability.”

Falwell on civil rights leaders: “I do question the sincerity and nonviolent intentions of some civil rights leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Mr. James Farmer, and others, who are known to have left-wing associations.”

Falwell on Brown v Board of Education: “If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God’s word and had desired to do the Lord’s will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision would never have been made. The facilities should be separate. When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line.”

Falwell’s take on 9/11: “I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say ‘you helped this happen.’”

Falwell on unions: “Labor unions should study and read the Bible instead of asking for more money. When people get right with God, they are better workers.”

@superuberbob is up.

4 Likes

“To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!” - Reagan

He was always a racist asshole.

4 Likes

Yea I should have worded it better. He doesn’t really belong on a list like this. There are A LOT of bigger assholes out there.

I assume most of the remaining drafters are on to the having fun with it stage at this point. I know I am.

1 Like

It seems to me like there are still some picks left that I thought for sure would be top 5 or at least top 10. Usually the fun stage is after the real meat is picked off the bones.

I assumed this was the only stage there was.

1 Like

Didn’t he already get picked?

Ah shit I’ll delete

You need to hop on my pony and ride east.

2 Likes

While I work on my write-up, here’s a hint telling you who I picked

LRH Teeth

Best I can do is Ty Cobb lol

I’m late but I take Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon church, shameless polygamist, murderer, bigot and all around fucking asshole

1 Like

He’d tell you he was:
-A blood brother of the Blackfoot nation
-A nuclear physicist
-A decorated war hero, receiving 21 combat medals during World War 2
-A naval captain who sank a Japanese submarine
-A once sightless cripple due to wounds sustained during battle
-An undercover naval intelligence officer breaking up cults
-A healer whose techniques could cure blindness, asthma and even increase one’s IQ
-Still alive as he has merely rid himself of his body

Who is he really?

Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, founder of Scientology

The reality is that Hubbard was none of those things. He is very much dead and was a more hateable version of Michael Scott while in the Navy. He created a “church” that has imprisoned numerous supposed church executives for decades. A church that is built on some of his very extreme views

On women

On homosexuality

He also seemed to be obsessed with abortion. Here are a couple of quotes from Dianetics

He also seems to not understand how miscarriages occur. Again from Dianetics

For a bonus, his views on China from his own diary

I know this is a limited write-up given how much of a piece of shit he was (didn’t even get into his marriages). I’d like to compensate by having you listen to one of his famous disciples speak.

** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0 **

8 Likes

As a side note, how do I post a youtube video within spoiler tags? It only shows as a link.