Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

You guys are nuts if you think the sharp drop in Biden’s approval rating wasn’t related to Afghanistan. Or forgetful. But that’s absolutely, absolutely what it was.

1 Like

The derpers I see have Afghanistan as the 2nd or 3rd biggest issue behind Trans hate and a lack of military spending. They’re trying to make it the next Benghazi.

How is #1 not: THE CRISIS AT OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!!!???

My mistake.

https://www.wsj.com/politics/policy/biden-to-make-second-attempt-at-large-scale-student-loan-forgiveness-ef1da5fe?mod=mhp

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration is poised to issue a proposal aimed at reducing or eliminating student loan balances for millions of borrowers, according to people familiar with the matter, marking President Biden’s second attempt at large-scale loan forgiveness.

The regulations, which are set to be issued as soon as next week, come after the Supreme Court last year overturned the administration’s first debt cancellation plan, which would have wiped away up to $20,000 in student debt for borrowers making less than $125,000 a year.

Biden is planning to outline the broad strokes of the new proposal during a speech on Monday in Madison, Wis., where he is expected to tout his administration’s wide-ranging efforts to chip away at the student debt burden facing more than 40 million Americans, the people said. A White House spokesman declined to comment.

Pretty big gamble here. If its significant, it could swing votes. If its something that even perceptively won’t have a major impact, it could do the exact opposite

Yeah, you guys are not paying attention if you think GOP voters are more animated about Afghanistan than the border “invasion” that has been Trump’s #1 issue since he came down that golden escalator and told you Mexicans were coming to rape your daughter.

I saw where 5th district court struck down his one for fraudulent universities last night

Not to mention squatters stealing honest American rental and third-vacation homes

2 Likes

Trump favorability rating +7.

At some point you have to just accept the harsh reality that millions and millions of Americans are motivated positively by these kinds of stories. They are miserable and full of hate and want to punch down at anyone and everyone that is more vulnerable than them so that they can suppress their own inadequacies for a brief moment. The cruelty is the point for them. Willow’s mom’s suffering is a victory.

2 Likes

Biden throwing some haymakers here, not bad at all.

1 Like

I dunno man, find that hard to believe. The couple is white, didn’t want an abortion, there’s genuine grief at losing their daughter. Maybe I’m SSC but if you watch this video and think “hell yeah, fuck those guys”…

I can believe MAGAs talking themselves into saying this video isn’t representative, all the unborn lives that are saved is worth the cost, goddamn libruls brainwashing their daughters into serial abortionists etc though.

Its a good commercial. Truly heartbreaking. My cynical side says you had 4 years to do something about this though Joe. Why would re-electing you change this?

He could have expanded the SC and appointed new judges and solved this problem. The only thing stopping him is norms. Which is also pretty sick if you think about it.

It’s not just your cynical side, it’s also all the low info voters who think that the President is the “boss of the country”. They aren’t going to understand why the bad thing that happened when Biden was boss is the fault of Trump.

I also like the ad for it’s directness and it’s good for keeping the Dem base mobilized, but I still think that it doesn’t acheive that much electorally. Dems can’t win unless they run on a platform of “we know you need X, we will give you X”.

1 Like

Jesus Christ.

1 Like

It’s pretty great. If Dems keep pounding away on abortion they way Republicans do on immigration, this should be a win. This is stuff people care about.

Just have to figure out a way to milk it for decades.

fyp

In what world is sinema, manchin, etc all voting for this?

1 Like