Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

Of course there are all kinds of ways to measure intelligence and you can be high in one category and low in others, but it’s pretty safe to say there are no NFL QBs who are complete and total idiots. It’s just not possible

2 Likes

The real reason is they can’t afford any more rebuttals

I’m glad they’ve finally accepted Trump will lose.

And if these speeches haven’t been political, why have we had to hear the “response” from the opposing party for all these years?

I worked with a guy once who claimed all American football players, not just QB’s, were the most intelligent athletes in the world because they have so many plays to memorize.

I don’t know enough about other sports to know how it compares. I do know there’s a fair amount of racism in the “dumb athletes” trope and that it takes more intelligence than most people assume, or at least pattern recognition and relatively quick decision making, to be a professional football player.

Also, most NFL players take the Wonderlic test prior to the Draft, so there is some reasonably objective measure out there.

Dan Marino scored a 6 I think after throwing his pencil on the ground and walking out after a minute claiming this was a waste of his time.

1 Like

They switched to the S2 cognition test last year. CJ Stroud’s low score was leaked.

1 Like

Once again I must remind all of the patron saint of “intelligence can mean a lot of different things”.

1 Like

I interviewed for a job with a big commercial real estate company down in Miami when I was fresh out of school, and out of nowhere they were like, we want you to fill out this timed questionnaire. Answer as many questions as you can. I almost refused because it was just strange and I didn’t really want to work there, anyway, but I needed a job. Anyway, it ended up being the Wonderlic. I think I got a 25? Don’t really remember, but I didn’t get an offer so it must not have been good enough.

https://x.com/anthonyclose/status/1769816909858398697?s=46

1 Like

i had an ex that had to take it for a job interview maybe 15-17 years ago? she said their requirement was obtaining at least a 48.

I don’t know much about the test, but I’m pretty sure that’s either 99.9% or perfect.

Don’t we get these stories every cycle? And then when the campaign starts getting into full swing it’s all quickly forgotten and they play for the same handful of states they always do. Unless it’s Hillary, then they try to run up the popular vote in valuable cities like Chicago and New Orleans at the expense of putting resources into hammerlocks like Wisconsin and Michigan.

2 Likes

yea the 2nd thing is moreso what I had in mind

1 Like

I think it’s out of 50, so 48 is pretty tough.

The questions themselves are not hard. IMO, the problem is the time. I think most everyone here could get everything correct with no time limit (and it’s not like you need an absurd amount of time). The hard part is that there isn’t that much time so you can misclick or rush and easily make a careless error.

48 looking tough.

One of the first results when googling “Free Wonderlic”. Not sure how legit.