Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

If Joe’s a Jeeper, the election might be a tougher choice than I thought

y’all really need to get offline and go out and volunteer for a cycle in person in your local party, or for a campaign, or something.

All this navel-gazing going around the online world about replacing Biden is useless. It’s not gonna happen. And it shouldn’t happen. Trump would win 400+ electoral votes. Shit, 450+.

Let me reiterate: It. Will. Not. Happen.

Legally speaking, it basically can’t happen, because the ballot deadline has passed for nearly every state, anyway. You think a national write-in campaign would work? HAHAHAHA

all these articles and thinkpieces and podcasts are just a chattering class circle jerk that gets torn down the minute you go talk to real Democratic primary voters. Fuck me, look at South Carolina.

Stop talking about this stupid bullshit and go send texts for statehouse candidates in swing districts. Or for Tester or Warnock or whoever.

Ugh.

8 Likes

Touch grass losers!

For people who claim to be experts, like Ezra Klein, they really have no clue about what’s really happening on the ground.

3 Likes

It’s messy but it doesn’t seem impossible.

Is that deadline for the primary or for the general also?

If only primary, what happens if Biden dies at some point. At the convention, do the delegates Biden got when alive still have to go to dead Biden + Harris.

Read above :grin:

Can any “Joe Biden” enter the race or are there biometrics involved?

I wonder if there is any chance Biden is not the nominee.

Unless he dies very very unlikely.

1 Like

If he dies what happens with the ballots? Is it still too late to change the name?

Speaking of things that will not happen: Trump getting 400 electoral votes.

Literally impossible.

Even this scenario is only 357. 43 more EVs is not ever happening, much less LOL 93.

You can make the point about replacing Biden being a bad idea without absurd hyperbole.

3 Likes

I think I disagree with you, but I have to say, that Ezra Klein podcast felt like a super-compelling pitch for a West Wing season story arc.

I want it, damn it.

2 Likes

Martin Sheen played the president 25 years ago, and he’s basically the same age as Biden

3 Likes

I was curious so looked it up. Jed and Joe were both born in 1942! You don’t need the “basically”! :wink:

1 Like

The Tufts of presidents

1 Like

Vastly too late in the game for anyone to start a primary challenge. Dems had four years to prepare for an election that will probably decide the future of American democracy, they’ve decided Biden is the most electable guy they’ve got, going to be an invigorating sweat this fall.

7 Likes

Reference not understood but I’m interested.

Bill Clinton literally was the president 30 years ago, and he’s younger than Biden.

9 Likes

Louis DeJoy is still running USPS

2 Likes