Betting on Sports

I really hadn’t been paying attention to sports recently and this post just made me realize that the NFL is a thing we’re all about to do in just over a week.

1 Like

I maxed this out when I saw it, and then I was like “eh that might not have been the best idea.” It’s the bears, after all.

White Sox +45 at +100 on Draft Kings. $23 max bet. Might just be an IL thing but not sure.

Figured out how to do parlays on Bovada ggs all my money

1 Like

ok, i want to preface this with i’m a losing sports bettor.

I just threw down $25 (the min allowed bet) on Jimmy Butler to score the first basket tonight at +800. I know that’s a dumb prop and obviously I’m a huge dog, but FD is running a promo where I get $1 back for each point he scores in the game up to $25. Scale of 1-10, 1 being I bet my life savings on Clinton winning in 16, and 10 being I bet the sun would rise tomorrow, how good/bad of a bet did I make?

just check butler’s points O/U for that answer.

like 20-25 range for sure so whatever

1 Like

It was a promo. It can’t be that bad.
Are you trying to calculate the true odds? 8/1 is probably close.
Risking $5 (JB averages about 20/gm) to win $200.
Scored 13. Oh well

1 Like

FanDuel with a Lakers/Rockets promotional bet. $50 max bet, and every 100 bets on the Lakers moves the line in the Lakers direction. Started at -6 and now it’s at +17 (-110). Bettors get whatever the final line is, not what it was when you bet. Anyway, it’s another free money play as I’m sure the line will go way beyond +17.

edit: +47 and climbing

I know nothing about horse racing but it seems insane that the favorite for the Derby is -160. Is he that good?

I can get the field for +120 wtf

Here’s something I know:

When I spot what I think is a great play like +120 on the field at the Derby, it’s generally a bad play lol

1 Like

fanduel CO has a promo on the broncos to make the playoffs min $25 you get $5 for every game they win. Sure the broncos suck but you only need 5.

I want to like my own post here

You owe me a unit on +120

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kass_stumbo/status/1302390918637654016

NYG+6 is too many points even if Tate doesn’t play.

is the problem

I kinda want to AWAYDOGBOT the first couple weeks.

I forgot that NY won’t have fans in the stands. Given that, +6 makes perfect sense unless Ben being sidelined for a year hurts his early season performance. I would think it does (at least in Game 1), but I haven’t looked at the data on that situation. If it doesn’t, +6 is my exact handicap, which factors in NY’s new coach. Oh well, I either made a -5% bet or a good bet.

In light of the empty stadiums, I think a lot of games should basically be capped as though they’re at a neutral field. I’m pretty sure the home advantage in football is mostly from crowds, mainly their influence on refs. (Traveling used to hurt road teams but not anymore.)

Oddsmakers don’t appear to have adjusted yet to this unprecedented situation. Cle+8 is the same line it was months ago even though Baltimore will officially be empty. PHI @ empty Wash is a smaller favorite than months ago.

With that in mind, I’ll definitely be looking to bet road teams. Early Week 2 has Ravens-5 @ empty Houston and 49ers -6 @ empty NYJ, for instance. I haven’t capped them, but I doubt one needs a spreadsheet to know those lines are too small at neutral fields.

Curious to see if there’s sharp action on some road teams this weekend when the lines are no longer circled.

There have been some great freeroll arbitrage opportunities the last two days on US Open total aces props.

For example:
Osaka over 4.5 aces boosted to +150 on FanDuel (max $50)
Under 5.5 aces at -110 on Draftkings

Guaranteed $11.90 profit, but win both bets if she hits exactly 5. She ended with 7 I think.

Another had over 19.5 and under 21.5 for a match, guaranteed a dollar or so but paid both if you middled. It seems like the books aren’t close on o/u numbers or odds for some reason, opening up some nice opportunities like this.

A lot of promo stuff.

5D closed to USA#19 so signed up at WilliamHill. All kinds of free stuff. Matching free bet on first deposit. $500 on TB Lightening to win Cup +110 please. Lets go Bolts!