Marge vs. the Monorail
Homer at the Bat
Cape Feare
King-Size Homer
Homer’s Barbershop Quartet
Homer’s Enemy
Marge in Chains

1 Like

Those are all the picks, not just mine. I’ve only picked “Deep Space Homer.” We’re on round 2, pick 2 right now, me on the clock.

1 Like

Yeah I should’ve been more clear. “This is what has been picked according to the list I’m keeping” is what I meant.

1 Like

Lemme grab it all into a handy draft table brb

1 Like

I think take your time, I’m around but don’t really have a pick lined up.

Love the fat homer episode

Meh, I got it done while I was getting ready. Out the door now.

It’s a classic and a fan favorite and I’m surprised it hasn’t been picked yet:

“Homer Goes to College”

Another of Homer’s Wacky Adventures, this one written by Conan O’Brien and spurred on by, as Homer puts it, “I’m gonna lose my job just because I’m dangerously unqualified!” After somehow causing a nuclear accident in a test simulator with no nuclear material, Homer has to go back to college and pass nuclear physics 101 to get certified and keep his job. Homer, naturally, takes all his ideas from campus life from 80s Animal House knockoffs, and tries to live that college life accordingly, even dragging his hopelessly nerdy tutors into the mix (and, of course, getting them expelled).

Let me just list some of the great gags:

• Bee-guarding (including “The bee bit my bottom and now my bottom’s big!”)
  • “The box! The box!”
  • School of Hard Knockers with Corey Masterson
  • Burns giving someone the beating of his life
  • Homer spiking the punch
  • The dean being a chill guy and Homer being unable to process this information
  • Homer causing a nuclear accident at the school (“In there, guys.” “Thanks, Homer.”)
  • “Hello, dean? You’re a stupid-head!”
  • “Mr. Simpson? Gary spilled his ear medicine.”
  • “I have to go to the bathroom.” “You just went!” “Yeah, but someone knocked on the door so I couldn’t go.”
  • “WHOA! They’ll NEVER let us show that again!”
  • “Hello, that sounds like a pig fainting!”
  • “And then we roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge! Hee-hee!”
  • “Should we correct for wind resistance?” WHACK “Uh-oh.”
  • “Well, dean, I’m really sorry for the running-you-over prank.”
  • “Let’s just say I had some help from a little magic box.” “You changed your grades with a computer?”
  • The closing montage of Homer and the nerds par-ty-ing down

Check out this article from Dead Homers Society detailing some of the delightful animation choices this show used to do at its best.

In conclusion,

6 Likes

Nice, that was in my original draft, until I went with the theme, thinking I’d get sniped. Woops. I love at the end when they are trying to find a good moral to the story and can’t find one.

1 Like
Player Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5
CanadaMatt3004 Last Exit to Springfield
Thin_Slicing Homer’s Barbershop Quartet
eyebooger Cape Feare
grue Marge vs the Monorail
Nicholasp27 Homer’s Enemy
mjiggy Homer at the Bat You Only Move Twice
R.C. Deep Space Homer Homer Goes to College
jmakin Marge in Chains King-Sized Homer
3 Likes

Smithers, dismember the corpse and send his widow a corsage.

4 Likes

I love Homer clicking his heels after he turns his final in. Of course he fails.

2 Likes

I’m too tired for a full write up but Wednesdays tend to be busy for me so I’ll just submit my pick now and write it up as we go along so that we can keep moving.

Maybe I’m overrating this episode a pinch but it’s one that always comes to mind when I think of my personal favorite episodes: “You Only Move Twice”, in which Homer gets recruited by the apparent supervillian Hank Scorpio to take a job and move his family along with him. Homer actually does great at the job but his family struggles in their new environment: Marge starts drinking wine because she’s so bored in her fully automated home, Lisa has terrible allergies, and Bart is put into a remedial class because his Springfield education has left him so far behind. “Sounds like someone has a case of the ‘sposed tas’” is one of my favorite line and one that I use frequently…to no response.

@Nicholasp27 is next

10 Likes

Was deciding between 3 choices. Now I’m deciding between 2.

1 Like

This is an amazing episode and would have been my pick if it made it to me. Al Brooks is an amazing talent, and the fact that Scorpio’s lines are almost entirely improvised is amazing. I love Castellanetta’s Homer improv in response

I figured either “Homer Goes to College” or “You Only Move Twice” were the fan favorites grue was talking about.

Another line I use way too often.

I’m a guy like me!

1 Like

I’m from Canada. They think I’m slow, ehh…

1 Like
2 Likes

Homer pointing his knife at Bart and saying “You take that back!” after he tells Homer he’s hanging out with nerds.

Also, Marge’s “No, I want those geeks out of my house.” The patience of a saint, but even she has limits.

“Here you go. Sorry it’s not in packets. Want some cream?”
“Ehhhhh… No…”

1 Like

Nobody ever says Italy