***Best Simpsons Episodes of All Time Draft***

It is time to skip jman. If that means he’s sniped, don’t play the game if you can’t stand the heat.

Ralph

Can I just pick and if he comes back he can resume and if not I’ll take his team?

You pick at your leisure and he resumes when he returns.

His team is his team. No one can take his picks.

Are you sure he even intended to sign up? Whereas I said I would take a team and you left me out.

Sorry not trying to be argumentative I just want to pick an episode that’s still left lol.

Oh apologies. Has jman not even picked yet?

I misunderstood. Take his spot. He is welcome to join the draft at a later date if he chooses.

Thank you, my liege.

With the 6th overall pick and jman220’s spot I select “Homer at the Bat.”

For a refresher, Homer becomes the star of his office softball team after making his own homemade bat. However after Mr. Burns makes a bet with another plant owner on Springfield’s team winning the game, he decides to bring in some ringers:

Mr. Burns : No, Smithers, I’ve decided to bring in a few ringers. Professional baseballers. We’ll give them token jobs at the plant and have them play on our softball team. Honus Wagner, Cap Anson, Mordecai “3-Finger” Brown…

Smithers : Sir?

Mr. Burns : What is it, Smithers?

Smithers : I’m afraid all those players have retired and… passed on. In fact, your right fielder has been dead for 130 years.

So he ends up having to hire professional players including Roger Clemens, Ozzie Smith, Jose Conseco, and Daryl Strawberry, who takes Homer’s spot in right field. Burns has them drink a nerve tonic and see a hypnotist to improve their performance for the big game. With this team of ringers, there’s no way he can lose…

**Mr Burns **Smithers, there’s no way I can lose this bet. Unless of course my nine all stars fall victim to nine separate misfortunes and are unable to play tomorrow but that will never happen. Three misfortunes, that’s possible. Seven misfortunes, there’s an outside chance. But nine misfortunes, I’d like to see that.

Well…

• Ozzie Smith disappears into a tourist attraction

• Jose Canseco spends all night saving a woman’s pets and objects from a burning house

• Mike Scoscia gets radiation poisoning from working at the plant

• Ken Griffey Jr. gets gigantism from the nerve tonic

• Roger Clemens remains hypnotized and thinks he’s a chicken

• Steve Sax gets arrested by Springfield PD for every unsolved murder in New York (“you just don’t know when to keep your mouth shut, do you Saxy boy?”)

• Wade Boggs gets punched out by Barney in a bar argument

• Don Mattingly gets kicked off the team for not trimming his sideburns (note he has the entire side of his head shaved)

Only Daryl Strawberry remains, meaning Homer is relegated to the bench. However Mr Byrne decides to put him in to exploit the lefty-righty matchup and Homer…gets beaned in the head to walk home the winning run. Just a tour de force episode from start to finish.

@R.C up next

6 Likes

Hahahahahahaha Daryl Strawberry is the only part of that episode I remember.

We used to say this during ball games growing up

1 Like

Scour the negro leagues!

2 Likes

Your left fielder has been dead for 130 years.

I love “Burns is older than time itself” jokes.

1 Like

This one’s my favorite so I’ve watched it several times. Its an absolute classic, but if someone wasn’t a 90s baseball fan it probably wouldn’t be as funny.

3 Likes

Homer at the Bat is a great choice. Not my top remaining here but a top 10 episode for me.

Fun detail - the original Jose Canseco plot was going to be that he spends the night with Ms. Krabappel and that’s why he misses the game, but he objected to it, I think because he wanted to be portrayed more heroically. Hence the absurdity of the house fire rescue.

I’ll have my writeup in soon

3 Likes

“But I’ve hit nine home runs today!”

“You should be very proud of yourself.”

2 Likes

One of these railers should take jman’s spot imo.

1 Like

I think mjiggy just did

3 Likes

Oh I thought he was in the whole time. LOL me. Carry on.

2 Likes

OK why doesn’t Unstuck let me write lists in any numbered order besides standard numeric order?

Anyway, on my personal list, “Last Exit” is #1, “Monorail” is #4, and “Homer at the Bat” is #5. #2 is going to be coming in shortly…

That was the pick I was looking for, easily the best episode if you understand anything about baseball. I still heckle Mike scioscia to this day at game" Hey Scioscia, your tragic illness made me smile!!!"

#1 episode of all time for me

edit: I got into an argument at work about 18 months ago over who the best British Prime Minister of all time was

3 Likes

“More heroic, eh”

writers proceed to make him rescue every item in a woman’s home

“The dryer goes on the left!”

“Yes, ma’am”

1 Like

PITT THE ELDER!