***Best Simpsons Episodes of All Time Draft***

Honestly I just happened to watch it last night. I am texting my brothers for some of their favorite episodes to jog my memory

2 Likes

I’ll take the best of the Sideshow Bob episodes: Cape Feare

So much stuff here.

No that’s German for “The Bart The”.

The following Springfield residents will not be killed by me.

And once a man is in your home, anything you do to him - is nice and legal.
Is that so? Oh, Flanders, won’t you join me in my kitchen?
Uh, doesn’t work if you invite him.

Driving through a cactus field with Bob underneath the car.

Witness relocation and the birth of The Thompsons complete with a Witness Relocation Program shirt.

“Hello Mr Thompson.”
“I think he’s talking to you.”

Homer runs in to Bart’s room showing off his new chainsaw and hockey mask.

A Gilbert and Sullivan performance on a houseboat.

Bake em away, toys.

All this PLUS a McBain clip and an Itchy and Scratchy episode.

Oh yeah and rakes. So many rakes.

12 Likes

@grue is next

The cactus field cracks me up because Homer takes a vote from the kids, Bart and Lisa say yes, Bob says no, and Homer just says “Well, two against one!” like it doesn’t even register with him that there should not have been a third vote.

6 Likes

Falling to 4th has to be almost certainly the #1 fan favorite top rated episode, Marge vs the Monorail

Mid 4th season, Hartman’s best guest star IMO, famously written by Conan, this is the first real “zany” episode of the show from what I remember with Homer, for some reason, becoming a monorail conductor. But everything just works and can really only be rivaled by last exit I think in terms of just nailing every moment of the episode. Batman is, in fact, a scientist.

6 Likes

Came very close to picking this one instead.

Yeah I expected Monorail to go 2 or 3. Barbershop Quartet the only real surprise for me so far.

Donuts. Is there anything they can’t do? That’s a favorite go to line I use.

Also the ending is perfect when Nimoy fades out and says “didn’t I?”

3 Likes

Yeah, son, I’m the best mono-thingy guy there ever was.

Best part about the rake gag for me is reruns used to be cut a little bit so ive only remember the shortened version which I swear is like only 20% as long so when I rewartched this recently it was like watching for the first time. Magical. Have fun yall.

1 Like

@Nicholasp27 you’re up

3 Likes

Its between this and Redacted for me. Likely if it gets back to me, I’ll take redacted to fill my Bob hole

1 Like

I’m going to be that guy I laugh at during FF drafts.

Edit: but I tell them it was a good pick

I need to get a list of episodes and start crossing them off. I’m legit worried I’ll write up an episode that was already picked.

Which is something I would laugh at in FF

Monorail and Cape Feare might be my #1 and 2. Hard to pick favorites really

1 Like

Monorail is 100% a top 3 for me. Cape Feare ends with one of my favorite bits, Bob singing the entirety of the HMS Pinafore.

1 Like

Great pick. I love anything with Sideshow. Kelsey Grammar owns the role harder than Frasier pickled in arsenic.