The Queen is Dead
Paul’s Boutique
Doolittle
Nebraska
Born in the USA
Graceland
Joshua Tree
Bad

And all the Metallica, Slayer, Maiden, etc albums. I’m sorry you guys are bad at music

3 Likes

See above. Those albums shit on anything from the 90s not named OK Computer.

I own about 5 of those on vinyl and still disagree. shrug.
Think it’s a very hot take to say that the 80s rap albums>90s.

I can’t tell if this is serious or sarcasm???

Things need to be excised into a separate music thread.

That was the formative decade for my musical taste. My taste leans alternative, yet I am not a fan of most grunge nor of many Pitchfork darlings. I know some of my favorite albums of the decade do not belong on a “Best of” list. Something like Automatic for the People definitely does. 3 Years, 5 Months and 2 Days in the Life Of…? Car Wheels on a Gravel Road? Sure. I should have at least one Bjork album, but I’m not sure which.

I don’t know about Under the Pink or August and Everything After. I’m not sure how many people could name the artist, much less rate the album if I asked for opinions on Flood or Girlfriend. I’m fairly certain River of Dreams is an artistic masterpiece, but I love it more than anything he did in the 80s.

I mean, Thriller and Purple Rain are contenders for greatest album of all time. Two of the best Springsteen albums on that list. Talking Heads, Cure, Smiths dumps over all 90s alt rock that isn’t Radiohead. If you have a serious rebuttal, I’m all ears.

Here’s a fun playlist I follow.

1 Like

Oh you’d never heard of NMH or MBV. Lol carry on.

90s was pretty clearly the GOAT era for hip-hop.

4 Likes

I guess I missed the context. I agree that most '90’s music blows. But I’ve got Thriller and Purple Rain nowhere near the top ten of anything I want to listen to.

I can’t take Indie at all. Maybe there are a handful of songs that I wouldn’t despise, but for the most part I think it all pretty much blows chunks.

I never realized that one of the ancillary benefits of being mainly an EDM hype is that I don’t have to believe that musical artistic expression peaked decades ago.

2 Likes

What’s the best EDM song for karaoke purposes?

Katy Perry California Girls remix.

That arguably started in 66 with the VU, or in 74ish at CBGBs.

Sure, but it absolutely died for a while. Really recommend the book “meet me in the bathroom” for anyone who enjoyed that era of music.

The decade obviously has to include 1969, the best year for music ever;

First two Led Zeppelin albums
Let It Bleed
Kick Out The Jams
Trout Mask Replica
Third Velvet Underground
Everyone Knows This Is Nowhere
Aoxomoxoa
Five Leaves Left
In A Silent Way
The Stooges
Monster Movie
The Band

2 Likes

I mean, that year is better on its own than most actual decades.

I should add I was also way too young then to even be aware of any of that music, so it’s not like I’m guilty of the “music of my youth” bias.

1 Like

I know, delete your Facebook.

But anyway, I keep reporting this scam to FB ($150 Keen shoes for $23 - magically available in all sizes and models). But it just keeps re-appearing. It keeps changing domain name. I searched one of the domains and found some scam complaints. Like they put you off forever then send some tiny thing that has nothing to do with what you ordered.

I’ve also noticed there are precious few other ads. All the big companies have pulled out and there aren’t even that many manscaping, lame boots, third way crap, or the other stuff I usually get. They may be hurting really bad for ad $$ to where they’re allowing obvious scams to go on for a long time.

Yeah, lists like this make it impossible for me to pick a decade

I’m an 80s/90s kid, but that’s a list of music that’s all coming to my desert island with me along with some egregious Pink Floyd and The Doors omissions.

We got both kinds of music ITT. We got rock and roll.

1 Like