Best Cheap and Easy Homemade Eats

yea this is how i cook usually. usually make a saturday of it. I’ve become a horribly picky eater though and hate re-heating food anymore.

Not sure if this available nationwide, but if you can find it you should.

Use a ribeye for best results.

This is one in a series of videos posted on the Epicurious Youtube channel.

That pile of sausage in the upper left is over $9 on it’s own!

1 Like

per serving, but yea, his stated cost on those items is absolutely not what i pay

Oh at $9 per serving I could come up with dozens and dozens of meals easy. At least I think I could… Might be a little tighter than I thought based on the new reality of pricing the past year or so.

i meant, the $9 was $3/serving but he assumes 4 servings per meal so the total cost was probably closer to $40.

Ahh. That’s a lot tougher then.

3x cheesy bean and rice burritos = 1,260 calories for $3

Ramen noodle add-ons:

Sambal oelek - make noodles as usual, add a couple of tablespoons to taste.
Canned mushrooms same as above.
Velveeta - Crunch up noodles in package and then cook. Drain off most of the liquid, add milk, diced Velveeta, and seasoning packet. Add canned tuna or diced ham for some protein

Bean burrito - Flour tortilla, La Preferida refried black beans, enchilada sauce, shredded cheddar cheese.

Roundwich - Slice bagel in half, top with sliced deli meat, slice of swiss cheese, bake on tinfoil at 350 for 20 min. BBQ sauce goes well with turkey. Pastrami with mustard also good. Bonus side: Crispy cheese - spray tinfoil with oil and bake a slice of swiss along with roundwich.

Did you know ramen noodles expire? Mine said 020621, but I cooked them anyway.

Now waiting on a turkey roundwich…

3 Likes

Cheapo Easy Chicken Parm

Frozen breaded white meat chicken breast
Slice of mozz
Your favorite pasta sauce

Airfry the chicken. Add the cheese for the last minute. Microwave the sauce for 30 seconds and apply.

Total cost roughly $2 per and almost no work.