Being a mod or admin is intolerable, and this community is at a high risk of dying

I’m happy to have a containment thread for whining about the forums and punishing people who break containment.

1 Like

We kinda sorta had this drama contained for a while before it metastasized into multiple threads.

I stand by the sentiment. If no one will mod because being mod means you get trolled until you quit, the community dies.

What? Posts don’t get flagged until after they are posted. And someone flagging a post when the word was used in the context allowed per the results of the vote should not result in a ban, even if somebody decided to flag them. (The person flagging them is actually trolling, imo.)

What? There have been many posts made that have said precisely that Victor. Maybe you missed them?

You think I’m making up people quitting over this petty feud? You should know better dude.

Your post supports my assertions, imo.

Shouldn’t we cross that bridge when we come to it?

2 Likes

Oh, right, how could I be so foolish as to want to improve the rules before the community actually dies.

Yes, people want some version of this for the large part. I have been on record as saying this won’t work, but it’s what we have. So we should at least stick to it and eat our own dog food, as they say in tech.

1 Like

That’s literally what he’s trying to do

I mean, the first part of your statement is provably false: other people are willing to mod.

1 Like

Right, so we can’t possibly do anything until there is no one who wants to.

What do you want to do? Like, what improvements do you want to make?

It seems this thread has split the nominal two sides into reading the OP as “good, we got him, let’s replace him right now” and “let’s fix what we consider the underlying problems right now before maybe moving on to the next guy.”

Empower hte mods to temp ban people for trolling hte mods. And then empower them to further temp ban people who troll them for temp banning them fro trolling them. And then further empower them to continue temp banning posters who troll them for temp banning posters who trolled them for being temp banned.

Because people waded in and started arguing a settled matter, including some mods.

1 Like

I’m so glad you asked. I hadn’t bothered to suggest anything.

1 Like

This is going to deescalate things?

1 Like

Yes? Timeouts work over time.

They’ve always had this power. tbh they deserve a little blame for not doing so and letting the drama get out of hand.

1 Like