Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

I got my $600 in the mail this weekend. (I assume. I haven’t opened the envelope yet.)

Somebody I know got a letter specifically telling them they’d have to get their stimulus via their tax return, so don’t be too sure about what’s in the envelope.

Of course I’ve gotten nothing and still have payment status not available status on the IRS site.

It has the same multi-colored paper as the fist check. Upon closer inspection, I can see the words “pay to the order of” through the window on the envelope. I think I’m good.

1 Like

In the 3.5 hours between your posts, you could have opened the envelope and not had to infer its contents.

8 Likes

Don’t criticize NB for squeezing the last drop of mystery out of the Trump era

2 Likes

Schrödinger’s Stimulus Check

8 Likes

I’m assuming he has some sort of mail scanning service and doesn’t have physical possession of the envelope yet.

I do not see where to apply for additional EIDL grant money on the SBA website. Is it not open yet?

You have to apply for an increase from last year’s grant. No need to wait on this. I found out when I submitted a second application and they withdrew it because you can’t have two apps.

Just a second and I’ll get the instructions for you.

You can also call someone and speak to them quite quickly. I got someone on second ring last week.

It appears my office is not in a low income area on the census lookup tool. Does that mean I don’t qualify?

I am worried for the same thing. Not sure.

Submit a written request:

On the subject line insert your application number and the word “Increase”…

All increase requests should be sent to PDC.reconsideration@sba.gov

To be considered for an increase to your COVID-19 loan:

1. Include completed Form 3502, “EIDL Supporting Info”

2. Include completed Form 4506-T

3. Include a copy of their most recently filed Federal Tax Return

If you have additional questions or require further assistance, please call our Disaster Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 or, for the deaf and hard-of-hearing 1-800-877-8339 (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time) or email us at: disastercustomerservice@sba.gov

Yeah I mentioned upthread but I don’t think many businesses are going to qualify for EIDL advances this time. I haven’t given it much thought and am obviously mad/biased but the low income community thing just seems very weirdly specific to me.

Big banks now accepting first- and second-draw PPP applications.

Goddamit, did NotBruceZ get his check or not?

He is currently designing and commissioning a Rube Goldberg device that will require 250 steps and end in a peak inside one corner of the envelope. :grin:

6 Likes

I did not get my check yet even though the IRS says they mailed it Jan 6th when I go to the Get My Payment tool. How do I check what address they have on file? I logged into my tax account but didn’t see how to find that. I assume it has to be my current address as they send regular correspondence to me at it.

Yes, I got it.

2 Likes

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1351530153436962821

1 Like