Apologia Pro Vita Sua

There is a common factor here and it is wrong to say it is bruceZ

Bruce. This is well stated and well said and I agree with 100% of it. This is a more eloquent version of what I was trying to say in my dark arts thread.

We live in harrowing times. Some people really need to grow the fuck up. I also agree that your posts will be interpreted in the least favorable light possible - that’s a failure of moderation, not in your words, which like I said I largely agree with.

Regardless of whether people think he has a valid point, why does he have to keep making the same point in different ways over and over again? That is trolling.

1 Like

Who left because of this?

jbro and Will.

Gotta admit it’s amusing that one of cuse’s reasons for this crusade was protecting this site’s financial viability and he managed to make jmakin and jbro stop contributing money.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s hilarious that long-term quality posters are dying on the hill of defending this toxic little dipshit.

2 Likes

Then maybe he shouldn’t be banned.

Maybe people should stop playing this manipulative game of “I’m taking my ball home if I don’t get what I want” in the spirit of keeping this place afloat.

It looks like he’s going to be allowed to continue shitting on the carpet. I’m not happy about that, but I’m willing to deal with it and go along with what the community wants.

3 Likes

Ok. I don’t really care. I just want to know who he was on 2p2.

I mean the ignore feature is pretty robust

2 Likes

Leaps and bounds better than on the old venue.

This argument isn’t being directed at, and heard by, the one person necessary for this to go away.

If the real perpetuator of this nonsense actually felt the same way this whole thing would have been buried a long time ago.

1 Like

jmakin should have just ignored this post and kept feeding the site money.

It’s not exactly taking your ball and going when you’re repeatedly told you contribute nothing to the site and to fuck off.

1 Like

Yeah, what a totally unprovoked attack by cuse. C’mon, man.

3 Likes

Just going out on a limb here, but we might also call the real perpetrator of all of this the guy calling for ethnic cleansing.

3 Likes

giphy%20(3)

This. Also I publicly apologized to him and the community for taking the bait there and responding in kind.

In the interest of the community and out of respect for you, I’m doing my best to ignore stuff here that I’d like to respond to, but if the people who disagree with me are going to ignore your request and keep making their arguments and shitting all over my reputation, I’m probably going to jump back in.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll have what everyone’s having. I think the guy is probably right, but his being right or wrong is a separate question from whether he gets to say he’s right on this particular website. For me, very little hinges on which way we go. I never wanted to be a mod and I don’t believe in internet democracy. As I’ve said before, benevolent absolute dictatorship is the second worst kind of modding after literally every other kind.

3 Likes

Needed an extra :heart:

Your posts are historically informed and you recently chose John Brown as your avatar, so you can’t possibly think you’re the first rebel to come to despise moderates? That’s like revolution 101, they tell you that before they give you your first pitchfork.

The game theory part stumped me. Threaten enough disorder or effect enough disorder, moderates are as likely if not more likely to abandon justice than to accept it, and they will come to support those who promise to crack heads and restore order. Isn’t that why moderates are shitty to begin with?

Just keep in mind that today’s edgelords are often tomorrow’s moderates. So some “violent outlier” animated by the intensity of spirit you’re attempting to ignite here may come to the conclusion that those who ruminated wistfully about the likelihood of violence without actually getting to the work of it were as useless to the cause of justice as any other moderate.

Nobody is telling you to deny the truth, although in some cases you could keep the truth to yourself? Your deeper reflective critiques aren’t getting you banned, your way too specific edgelording around killing your enemies is tough, for the moment at least.

There may not be a single poster on the forum who hasn’t thought about or wondered aloud how many gun deaths there would have to be to change Republican intransigence on gun control. Some of us have concluded that there may not even be a number. But you constantly say stuff like “not enough victims” after specific shootings, which is not “analysis”, it isn’t even being merely inflammatory, it’s just sick.

You seem to conflate not talking about something with being forced to lie quite a lot. Nobody is forcing you to lie about your post election plans. To the extent that you’re implying that you might do something violent, some of us are asking you to a) not do anything violent and b) not to use this forum to workshop serious/not serious/who knows? threats against your political enemies.

This is of course completely bogus. Being inflammatory is your explicitly stated rhetorical strategy for dealing with the yoke of civility, read your own OP? The suggestion that not being charitably interpreted is driving you to be inflammatory is dishonest in the extreme, and you said you don’t like to be dishonest.

3 Likes

It seems like this has already happened. NBZ’s posts were challenged, and then a discussion and vote ensued.

The problem was, and still remains that the one person in a position of authority wasn’t, as trolly put it:

I don’t think there’s a problem with a good faith discussion about NBZ’s posts. Even after a “decision” has been made. But if the majority sentiment is going to be ignored by those who should most respect it, the cite will continue to tie itself into knots.