Anarcho mask making

OK, I got another DIY idea. What do my fellow Unstuckers think about…

A full face CPAP “cushion” (a mask), with head strap, and with a CPAP machine filter pad duct taped across the ~3/4" diameter hole in the front of the “cushion” where a valve normally fits?

yo @microbet

I’d like to purchase 1 or 2 expedited.

I asked my mom to make me a couple today, and she hemmed and hawed. she has closets full of yarn and fabric and needles and sewing machines lol

1 Like

I’ll put them up on kroshopkin. Maybe free. Maybe at cost.

I have not received the mini-sewing machine yet.

1 Like

you are too much, brother. all your endeavors and activities :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

you ever watch the Bravo TV show ‘Southern Charm?’

there’s this guy that started sewing lol

Haven’t seen the show. I’ll check out some clips on YouTube.

1 Like

there are 2 version: Charleston and New Orleans.

it’s the charleston one: character craig conover lmao

I found one of him sewing a button. Well, it was a race and he failed to sew a button.

1 Like

he’s a goofball, not someone you should emulate.

PM me when you get a mask or 2 made

My mom is making me one this evening! Goat

She’s coming over tomorrow to do some yard work with me, socially distanced of course, and I’ll get it then.

will post pics lmao

4 Likes

Next chance I get to target or Wal-Mart or similar I’ll do one of these if my sewing machine remains vaporware.

I did get to target and looked for rubber bands to make masks, but they had none. They also had no large hair rubber band thingies. Looking around at stuff that wasn’t related at all to TP there were lots of missing items.

So, I might make one from a t-shirt or something, but I have since been given a mask and an content to wash it and make it last. And I don’t see any value in distributing cut up tshirt masks and I still haven’t received the little sewing machin and rivaldo is covered, so I think I’m non-essential.

Pillow maker extraordinaire :joy:

1 Like

You might notice that raspberry on my forehead. I got poison ivy this last Sunday when my folks came over to visit and do yard-work with me.

3 Likes

Be careful using hepa filters from like a vacuum bag on masks. Some can have small glass particles which can damage the lungs if you dont cover them in another cloth and make them right.

“Part of the reason is that most HEPA filters are composed of microscopic glass fibers, which can be harmful to the lungs if inhaled.”