ACAB (formerly G Floyd) - Tyre Nichols video released, it's bad

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/12/daunte-wright-shooting/

I’m pretty sure I speak for every human who has ever held a taser and a loaded handgun at some point in their life when I say that this isn’t remotely plausible, and is a straight up admission that this shooting was totally unjustified.

He meant to use his taser lol. Shut the fuck up. It was a traffic stop over an air freshener somehow taking it from that to feeling the need to use a taser is a fireable offense plus some flavor of felony assault and using your pistol is second degree murder.

There is no world with any form of police accountability where this would have happened. ‘What if I get in trouble for this’ apparently never occurred to this dude.

7 Likes
4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/therecount/status/1381656710650155013?s=21

Just wow…

Welp trying to flee arrest, that’s 10 consecutive death sentences in right-wing USA.

2 Likes

“Taser taser taser!” is the new “stop resisting!” Somehow I do believe she is incompetent enough to not know what weapon she has in her hand.

3 Likes

Yeah, I believe that it was a mistake

But why are we tasing people who are leaving a traffic stop. Just fine them or put out a warrant or something, jeez.

4 Likes

Even if she had the right weapon, what the fuck? Tazing a dude sitting behind the wheel of a car seems incredibly stupid, especially if the car is potentially in ‘drive’. They had his information, just let him run and put out a warrant ffs (edit: what Krayz said)

1 Like

The polling on police issues is terrible for Democrats, this is an issue where they just have to shut up and do the reform without making it a centerpiece of their campaign strategy and messaging.

1 Like

What if not speaking out on these issues causes black voters to become apathetic and decreases turnout? I think everything short of defunding the police polls well among Democrats, so this may be an issue that excites part of the base.

Is this an issue where messaging can chip away at the confidence that people have in the police, shifting public opinion?

The point was made in good faith though, and I was honestly unaware of the specifics of any budget cuts. I know there were massive talks about budget cuts but uh.

Why do people say taser three times. They think Beetlejuice coming? Once and a weapon in an officer’s hand is enough

3 Likes

At the very least they want a guilty verdict to keep up appearances and not give up the game.

Turns out the cop was a woman. Doesn’t change a word I wrote because I’m enough of a feminist to send this idiot to prison from now on no matter what she is. Absolutely insane.

Happened before with the Oscar Grant case, think that guy got convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

Interesting article about gun/taser confusion. If you give two gun-like objects to police to carry every day don’t be surprised that they get confused on occasion during periods of high stress.

In 1943, psychologist Alphonse Chapanis identified a similar type of error when he investigated a series of plane crashes involving B-17 bombers. In these crashes, pilots returning from missions would safely touch down and then inexplicably retract the landing gear. The massive planes would crash onto their bellies and often burst into flames. Initially, the Air Force treated these incidents as negligence and court martialed the involved pilots.

However, it happened with enough frequency that the Air Force brought in an expert to take a closer look. Dr. Chapanis interviewed the involved pilots, but also carefully studied the cockpit layout. He found that the levers that controlled landing gear and the flaps, which act as airbrakes during the landing process, were identical and placed very close to each other.

Dr. Chapanis’s solution was to attach a small rubber wheel to the landing gear control and a flap-shaped wedge to the flap control. With these overt tactile changes, the problem was immediately solved.

1 Like

Only American cops sitting on their asses all day eating donuts would manage to confuse a taser and a gun. Incompetent fucks.

1 Like

I just don’t know how you fuck that up. Even if you were just a newbie, the feel of a taser and gun in your hand is night and day. They look so different from each other that the act of aiming would clue you in to what you’re about to shoot.

And as accurately pointed out, why tase somebody who’s driving away. Put out an APB for that person and get them later. You know the identity, the car and the license plate. They won’t get far.

Meanwhile at Chiefs Planet.

They’re all in on team acquittal too.

1 Like

Military occupation by the state because the state killed someone

https://twitter.com/wedgelive/status/1381686670031007757?s=21

https://twitter.com/saddestrobots/status/1381720518483656704?s=21

5 Likes