ACAB (formerly G Floyd) - Tyre Nichols video released, it's bad

In most places attempted murder is a lesser grade crime than murder.

Objecting to leading questions is for noobs. It doesn’t accomplish much. You can do it if you want to interrupt someone’s flow, but other than that.

I’m not digging into subsequent case law

Why? Never mind, answered.

Probably just want her off the stand ASAP, this is a terrible witness for the defense obviously.

I don’t think that’s why Barr blocked it. Chauvin getting got is very convenient for the Blue Lives Matter crowd that thinks all cops are angels. They get to throw the book at him and say the system works. The next time an unarmed black person is killed, if there are riots, they will whine you can’t have it both ways.

2 Likes

Because the response to a leading objection is just to rephrase the question. Especially when you’re dealing with young witnesses, attorneys aren’t usually going to give each other a hard time over leading questions.

This prosecutor isn’t particularly good. Blackwell is elite though.

Great job putting the witnesses’s picture on TV while she testifies “anonymously” guys.

1 Like

Wut

Never seen an attempted murder case charged as a capital crime

I think he’s conflating inchoate crimes with accomplice liability crimes. Accomplice liability crimes often have the same penalties regardless of your participation. Inchoate crimes do not.

Holy shit those videos are hard to watch. This guy’s not getting acquitted and this jury isn’t going to hang.

Yeah this is brutal. I am not a violent person and I would happily personally torture this guy.

how the hell did David hack pvn’s account?

3 Likes

How the fuck did all these teenagers realize this guy was fucking dying and none of these cops did? Please. These guys are cooked.

1 Like

Like this attorney legit doesn’t know how to cross examine with a prior inconsistent statement properly.

I get she’s a kid, but seems like she should just admit she said they checked his pulse? Her statements don’t really matter, the video speaks for itself. A jury isn’t going to discount the video evidence because a kid has a minor inconsistency in her testimony.

Edit: good redirect, getting the context that they bullied her into making that statement. Also that the defendant definitely never checked his pulse.

I mean this is pretty common when a lay witness gets caught up on a prior inconsistent statement. Memories change.

Easy to backseat prosecute, but she needs to stop referring to him as “Mr. Chauvin.” Just refer to him as “the defendant.” Stop humanizing him.

This has been my thought all along. Even the deplorable cop lovers on FB are staying away from this case.

1 Like

Chiefsplanet still 100% backing Chauvin.

1 Like