ACAB (formerly G Floyd) - Tyre Nichols video released, it's bad

On Tuesday, a grand jury charged Gardner with manslaughter, attempted assault, making terroristic threats, and using a gun to commit a felony.

Authorities charged Gardner, 38, with killing an unarmed Black Lives Matter protester during May protests in Omaha, Nebraska. He was due to turn himself in just hours before authorities discovered his lifeless body outside a medical clinic.

Gardner’s legal team added that their client was killed by “a cocktail of behavioral health problems stemming from head trauma he experienced during military service, the belief that people were out to kill him, and an ‘incessant rush to judgment’ by social media jockeys.”

Gardner fatally shot Scurlock, a 22-year-old Black Lives Matter protester, during a protest on May 30. Gardner encountered Scurlock outside his downtown Omaha bar. Following the fatal shooting, Gardner faced death threats, and the owner of the building that housed the bar revoked his lease.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine initially declined to file charges against Gardner, reportedly believing that the suspect acted in self-defense.

Following the announcement, Kleine appointed special prosecutor Fred Franklin as well as a grand jury, saying that he had hopes the gesture would “restore public faith in the justice system.”

“The grand jury indictment was a shock to him, it was a shock to us, it was a shock to many people,” Dornan told the World-Herald following his client’s suicide.

Louisville Police of Chief issues a state of emergency in preparation of the announcement on the Breonna Taylor case

welp

Best news I’ve heard in some time. Congrats, Chads.

1 Like

Welp.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1308102467993980928?s=20

It is so predictable. The cops will rough up the protesters, then things will get violent.

Video released of the police shooting an autistic 13 year old.

Jesus Christ.

First Nations drug user == NHI. Of course they are going to die.

What was mom thinking when she made this report? Holy shit

Yikes. I hate to say it, but if that’s what I was told going in as a cop I’d probably be pretty twitchy. This one isn’t like the other ones.

Breonna Taylor decision coming in 45 minutes. If they fuck this up then prepare for protests.

They’ve telegraphed that they’re going to fuck it up. 3 day curfew, state of emergency, cops everywhere, etc.

1 Like

Wait for the 911 recording.

One cop was charged with “wanton endangerment.”

For murdering a completely innocent person.

What a joke.

Apparently the wanton endangerment is only to the neighbors.

Yeah Louisville about to burn

May be more than that… An NBA shutdown wouldn’t surprise me either.

4 Likes

This isn’t really a surprise. The laws are set up to make it very difficult to hold cops responsible when they screw up. Its really pretty rare that any cop is held accountable for anything.

This is normal.

https://twitter.com/charliegilenbc/status/1308832021976879104?s=21

1 Like