ACAB (formerly G Floyd) - Tyre Nichols video released, it's bad

that’s all true, but I’m glad he is at least trying to resist going straight for auth right hero. He isn’t spiking the football and gloating. It would have been super easy for him to do that and be a hero to the right and I’m sure a ton of people were whispering that into his ear and he resisted it for now.

Honestly I can almost emphasize with him eventually turning to the auth right crowd after everyone continues to hate him. What is a young person expected to do when everyone from one side hates him, mocks him and shits on him after trying his best to show he isn’t what they think he is, and the other is offering him friendship and fraternity?

2 Likes

He’s probably thinking an obscure life isn’t all that bad, and he’s wondering how he can get back to it.

2 Likes

Someone on here once linked to an r/asktrumper (or similar name) post whose top comment went something like, “Right and wrong don’t matter, only winning.” I feel like this is even worse, ie a lot of them do know they’re evil and simply don’t care.

But yeah, most of the people committing atrocities in the past were merely acting out God’s Will. It’s the same as it ever was: people just do whatever they want and, if they feel like giving a justification, they generate one randomly and go with it. When you have the power and no one can hold you accountable, the justification doesn’t have to make sense or be believable, you can just troll. Like when whoever it was said something like, “We bombed Cambodia because we had all these extra bombs lying around and nowhere to drop them.”

2 Likes

Along those lines, I remember when one of the Jan 6’ers was being interviewed immediately after the fact. He actually admitted that the election was probably legitimate, but said that many of the Biden voters shouldn’t really be allowed to vote because they’re too uneducated etc.

Interestingly, this attitude can actually be exploited to get people out of the Trump/QAnon cult. The best advice on getting people out of cults is to talk to them about how the cult is not delivering on promises to make their lives better. A lot of Trumpy idiots are getting short term dopamine hit feedback to reinforce their behavior, but if they step back and look at their lives overall they will have often find things have gotten worse between strained relationships to outright job loss or even the death of a loved one from Covid. This doesn’t feel like winning, if you can get them to think about it.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of the fable but I understood the meaning just from its use in language. I think I’ve actually used it myself on occasion without ever knowing what the etymology was.

The prevailing view on the right is that liberals are absolutely destroying the country 100%. What I get from that quote is the belief that you have to play dirty to win, the gerrymandering, exaggerate/lie to your base, not certify electoral votes, etc, lots of things that might be immoral or undemocratic, but it’s all worth it to keep democrats out of power. These people do not think they’re evil at all. They think they’re saving the country.

9 Likes

Is it possible… I mean even remotely possible that the kid is just some wannabe medic/cop who thought he was helping out?

I know he was recorded saying he’d like to shoot people, but is there any indication it was because they were black and not simply people who were causing destruction to property?

I can’t stand when people join herds to become pig headedly myopic in order to force a particular narrative. It makes me want to play devil’s advocate and take the other side. Can anyone link to evidence showing he’s more racist than the average poster here?

So it’s ok to shoot people who are causing destruction to property?

I think that’s debatable, but beside the point. I want to know what he did specifically that has caused everyone to label him as a card carrying proud boy member racist

It’s not even debatable…

2 Likes

Its not debatable in this country.

1 Like

To you it’s not. But there are many who would argue that one has the right to protect their property

None for nothing, wanting to shoot a man for smashing a window and stealing some shit is pretty crazy.

1 Like

He literally went out drinking in a bar with some Proud Boys afterward.

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re agreeing me or being facetious, but this is correct. In a gun loving country such as the US, protecting property with deadly force really isn’t debatable for a good many people

Ok well that definitely works as pretty strong evidence if he knew who they were. I literally haven’t heard anything like that before

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/14/kyle-rittenhouse-proud-boys-bar/

1 Like

It’s crazy to you, but this is the serious disconnect between gun owners and most others. The ability and right to protect property is one of the reasons they own guns