About Moderation

I think it should be silencing for all unless permabanned. On my list to discuss with mod team.

1 Like

This is an anti-spam anti-scam feature. I suspect that your trust level hasn’t risen due to number of your posts flagged in such a short time after your account was created by different unique users who all have higher trust levels/ the fact that many of those flags were accepted by multiple unique moderators/ and the fact that you’ve caught a ban already, also in such a short time after account creation, etc. This is one of the downsides of self-banning/anonymizing and then coming back on a new account.

1 Like

Looking into it

1 Like

Yes, I think Suzzer and Rugby’s posts were different.

No

1 Like

@Dunning-Kruger warned for being a terrible gimmick

1 Like

Well to be fair, at least Rugby’s was the first and not pig-piling. (reduced to partially ridiculous)

I guess suzzer at least asked goofy to stop stirring shit, although tossing in a personal attack against me and others that talk about moderation in the same sentence is hypocritical and makes me think he wasn’t sincere about not stirring shit. (generously kept at only ridiculous)

1 Like

Asking for warnings/bans for liking posts is a bold move. I wonder how it will work out?

@discobot fortune

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: Don’t count on it

2 Likes

@moderators

Seeking clarification regarding moderation because at the moment it’s a mess: will people be silenced or suspended in future (what we have now is a confusing mix of the two)?

1 Like

We’re working out a schedule

1 Like

That conversation should be happening here.

1 Like

Since you got your finger on the pulse, explain this:

There are those who can be warned, and those who can’t. Some posts are so terrible that likes can only be interpreted nefariously, though some posts of this type receive many likes in sincerity.

1 Like

Go for it

Oh, I think I’m with you on this one. I just also am not sure you realize how many posters that you like utilize this form of “shit-stirring” to a much greater degree than Trolly.

1 Like

Should be fixed now

2 Likes

But a like is not disruptive to an unrelated thread whereas a 15 post derail is. That was a well-deserved ban of Goofy, btw.

1 Like

Moderating likes would also going to lead to a ton of unavoidable angle shooting. When you like and then unlike a post, there’s no record of it. Thus it would require mods to screenshot it to prove it. Also, you can’t flag a like.

I think the spirit of the idea is good, sarcastic likes promote drama/fighting and that’s bad. So does liking drama/fighting posts. But it’s going to be basically impossible to enforce, and would be one more thing for people to fight about ITT.

2 Likes

Agree 100 percent.

1 Like

You guys have started and I was asking to move that ongoing conversation here for the members. Please bring us current on the discussion about how enforcement officers should be handling punishment. Anyway, my position is fairly clear already.