About Moderation

Derails that involve talking about food in the Trump thread are a good thing imo. Like if we end up talking about pour over coffee in the Ukraine thread, that would be great as well.

:spaghetti:

2 Likes

Maybe old isnā€™t the right word, in fairness. But, without knowing 100% of the details, it seemed kind of pointless and my read was the intent was to stir things up. Thanks for taking it in stride.

1 Like

Being able to drink pour over coffee is one of the top five perks of working form homeā€¦

1 Like

Yeah but what Iā€™m saying is they are different ā€˜derailsā€™ in terms of relevance. I wouldnā€™t call one a derail. Annoying for posters yes and if thatā€™s a ground for a derail then so be it (though it is a bit depressing). If discussing war motivations is a derail in the Ukraine thread (from itā€™s purpose as a news sources I guess?) then I think itā€™s a bit weird is all Iā€™m saying. Regardless, Iā€™m not trying to undermine your approach to modding or anything, I really hope it works.

Oh I am happy to see a new thread, just wasnā€™t a fan of the constant excising before this. Just labelling it a derail is a bit harsh and might invite trolling of the poster over discussion (and rejection or support) for the idea. Also like 50%+ of the posts being excised are from posters just enraged at usernames I feel like.

This is something that works if you only get an occasional jab. I know there are some users who either hold back on what they post or just stopped posting altogether because they didnā€™t want to deal with having someone else weaponize the information to bring up at every possible opportunity.

3 Likes

for a bit there were a few people whoā€™d only respond to me in pmā€™s for fear of being attacked for talking to me, lol

but yes this is all totally sane and normal behavior

@goofyballer youā€™re trolling about old drama here, this is a warning.

0b8442c49934adeb8e392ba73675fb43df002f65_2_500x500

Youā€™re clearly trolling goofy for getting a warning, so hereā€™s your warning.

These warnings donā€™t expire, right? A mark carved in flesh.

Itā€™s a shame cw doesnā€™t want to quote posts in the Mod Action Log thread because I feel like the dildo of consequences deserves to be enshrined there forever

1 Like

Having a separate thread for Ukraine memes and goofs seems fine.

1 Like

So far a quick count suggests 12 warnings and three bans including one retracted, all in just 24 hoursā€¦

How do you feel this is going, @anon38180840 ?

1 Like

3 Likes

I dunno, that was a pretty rough dildo of consequences I received. Iā€™m not complaining, but it definitely piques my interst.

Actually that makes sense, purple prose is pretty corny.

But if weā€™re banning corny shit, whoo boy hold on to your butts.

DILDO OF CONSEQUENCE ACTIVATE

2 Likes

I guess commonWealth disagrees, but something isnā€™t really a personal attack if itā€™s true. Describing the world isnā€™t a personal attack.

lol