About Moderation

Apparently celebrating an assassination attempt on a former President is NOT a bannable offense.

Apparently willfully misrepresenting/lying about someone is NOT a bannable offense.

Apparently answering a post with the foundational question of Moral Realism IS a bannable offense and is considered TROLLING by our dear moderators.

But, I will continue to fight the good fight against the odds!

So you gave up on the whole “UP is a safe space, but I respect and support safe spaces” bit?

It’s very funny that an alleged Christian thinks an emotional support group is a shameful thing. Bro, do you think the apostles left their jobs and followed a guru around because they weren’t dealing with any issues?

3 Likes

Haven’t given up on that at all. Note well that I just opined that UP is “LARGELY a support group…”[emphasis added]. There are a handful of folks who don’t get the vapors when someone with a different worldview enters the room.

Uh no. You went from “this is a safe space and safe spaces are very important and I support them” to “this is a forum for the emotionally fragile and feeble-minded”.

You didn’t have the message discipline to keep it going for more than a few weeks. Kind of feeble imo.

2 Likes
  1. Maybe I missed it (wouldn’t be the first time), but in what post did you argue that the Earned Income Tax Credit “did more harm than good to the poors?”

2. I only troll the trollers.

3. I don’t post anything that I don’t actually believe to be true.

4. If any moderator tells me at any point that I am not adding anything to the forum, then I will leave the forum and thank them for having giving me the opportunity for sharing as long as I did.

5. The Ignore Function is a wonderful thing.

You realize #4 has already happened multiple times as you ate permas on all your old SNs? Also permaed on multiple SNs at 2+2.

You are well aware people don’t enjoy your posting and it’s the exact reason you do it. Not saying I think you should be banned but even this list is total bullshit and you know it.

Quite the contrary, I’ve stated in this very forum that support groups are wonderful things.

If you’d like, I’d be delighted to find the quote for you.

He’s right about #5.

3 Likes

Please don’t misrepresent what I’m saying… You left out a key word in my quote: “Largely”

Please stop lying. I’ve never been permabanned on Unstuck. I’ve been temp-banned exactly once.

You are correct that I had several SN’s permabanned on 2+2.

The ignore feature is for selfish bastards who don’t care what the forum looks like for other people they just want to get their own, or febrile minded simpletons who can’t control themselves.

1 Like

You’re probably right. I’ve personally never put anyone on ignore in this forum.

If you believe that UP is a support group and safe space, and that support groups and safe spaces are wonderful things – then wouldn’t that mean you are a dick for for intentionally intruding on a known support group and safe space? Seeking out support groups to upset people is sociopathic.

Fuck off.

5 Likes

This. While I do think some of his posts were mainly for trolling purposes, I also think he was sincere in believing his own words. Even tho I disagreed with just about all of it, it is not ban worthy imo

1 Like

I am also against lagtight’s ban. Maybe we should have a vote on it? (Is that even a thing anymore?)

Stop the steal. (I have no dog in the fight, been on ignore forever).

1 Like

I vote put him on a post count. He gets like 10 per day. I’m fine if some conservatives want to engage in debate here in good faith (I’m not saying he is). I do occasionally want to see what they’re up to and what seems to motivate them today, but god damn is it annoying when it’s 100 posts of just other posters and him chirping back and forth.

1 Like

Agree even though i am guilty as well with engaging with some of the bait. Just don’t let him troll. Tempban if you have to until he learns acceptable interaction.