About Moderation

The only time it was tried here was when things were best, the first year or so of UP.

You said something patently absurd and I said “lol”

You’re now somehow mad because this common internet expression is unclear to you and not explicitly abusive enough. You’re also mad because the mods, who have not moderated this exchange in any way, are over-moderating the forum somehow.

Careful…telling people to leave is bannable, per precedent. Hopefully potato is on lunch break.

2 Likes

lol

Not much of a book reader, if I had to guess?

You’re wrong, but w/e.

lol

2 Likes

Truth.

This is a long-time assertion going back to JT, and it’s just not very compelling. Almost no one in society reacts the same way to someone laughing at something they said as they do to hearing “fuck you, idiot” to their face, and for good reason.

Try this experiment at a local park or bar and see what happens.

3 Likes

And if you moderate both the same, you will get your wish and I’ll finally STFU.

1 Like

You will this time mostly only because of the last few days and because you are actually telling the mods it’s ok to ban you. LMFAO at the idea of you getting a ban/silence over this as some kind of proof of anything.

1 Like

Gotta say I find the names of both sites fairly lame.

2 Likes

Since it’s a long standing assertion expressed by multiple people, doesn’t it make sense to say, “different people react differently” instead of “it’s false”?

I’m not one for bar fights, but my biggest fight with my mother in law was when I expressed some parenting opinion and she laughed in my face. She didn’t politely disagree call me an idiot, but it was very annoying to be dismissed like that.

1 Like

some basic biatches

2 Likes

Can’t seem to do PMs on my phone, but this sounds good to me. Looking forward to the invite. TIA!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a particularly common way for people to interact in society, but I do think it’s a type of ‘one weird logical trick’ that you and your friends have convinced themselves of to further your brand of grievance politics.

Buddy we saw the shitty memes y’all post. You can invite me anytime. I’m sure I’ll be warmly received as moderation isn’t necessary

I don’t think this is a quite a non-sequitor, but I’m also not sure how to respond. One moment.

Weird, I did that two days ago and you called me a pedophile.

4 Likes

Just don’t call me late for dinner!

(sorry otatop)

2 Likes