About Moderation

I will get back to you after I’ve had a chance to review the history.

1 Like

if i started the CW rein with a two weeker?

The duration was due to the severity of the infraction, for purposes of the escalating structure it will count as whatever it would have been if it were a “normal” infraction. However, other severe infractions could result in lengthy suspensions.

I’m seeing the warning. The first suspension was ended slightly early as part of the general Thanksgiving amnesty effort, but the reason for the suspension wasn’t overturned. So I would still count that.

I did overturn the two day suspension based on “old drama” so I wouldn’t count that, but commonWealth may have a different view here.

You guys can’t be serious.

1 Like

Warning: Log of Key Moderator Actions - #545 by anon38180840

Suspended One Day (not overturned): Log of Key Moderator Actions - #567 by anon38180840

Suspended Two Days: Log of Key Moderator Actions - #571 by anon38180840

The two day suspension was unilaterally overturned by another moderator over my express objection, in my book it still stands and your next suspension would be four days.

Absolutely not.

Yes, as you already knew.

1 Like

@anon38180840 I don’t understand why you are coming at me like this. Do you think I should step down?

I strongly object and this is a clear case of highly biased modding on your part.

In no other walk of life would rescinded decisions still stand.

2 Likes

The way it works is that CW does whatever he wants and ignores the other moderators. Pretty simple.

2 Likes

But no way is he treating UP as his personal property and showing zero respect for other mods and posters.

It’s almost as if he’s being… unreasonable.

sx2HWnV5u-OMo7cuagf1EK26tQFJ9tl9UNGgTgNS84k

3 Likes

We discussed my system privately among the mods when I was first modded, and I think I made it pretty clear that there was no maximum suspension length. At the very least if I wasn’t clear on that, I was clear that I intended suspensions of at least a month. You gave your support.

You then expressed disagreement over one of my bans, and decided you wanted to overrule it over my clear objection. I told you we’re equals and I can’t override you, but I stand by my decision. You decided to overturn it anyway, which is pretty clearly not the way things usually work. I kept my feelings about that in the mods pm thread.

We disagreed on silencing vs. suspension and I compromised with you, but stood by not capping suspension lengths. We continued discussing lengths, and you not only ignored some specific points worthy of discussion brought up by another mod and echoed by me, you decided to take the disagreement on ban-length public and into this thread unilaterally, and did so all of ~3 minutes after telling us you were doing that, while not giving us a chance to weigh in.

You did the same with Jalfrezi’s level on the “schedule” of suspensions and again put our disagreement out there.

As far as I’m concerned you’re the one coming at me/my policy.

I think you’ve been out of line, but as I said before, we’re equals in the power structure here and I’m not going to tell you what to do.

tldr

@spidercrab please demod me

good luck all

1 Like

:vince2:

Prescient!

Your policy is literally just your feels

3 Likes

Doubling ban lengths indefinitely is some insane shit.

5 Likes

CW you’re not supposed to act on flags that involve you. Last time you said that the issue was an immediate threat to your wellbeing so you had to. I don’t see that this time.

1 Like