About Moderation

I thought you’d get a “little jolt when About Moderation is near the top of your unreads”?

1 Like

Thanks for adding that note, as requested by Max and cassette.

Wouldn’t it be appropriate for their bans to be rescinded now?

2 Likes

I’ll give commonwealth a chance to chime in here. It seems possible to me that someone could make a post that has a good point and be trying to stir up old drama.

Meb just wanted permabans, CW will just ban those same people the instant they return from bans.

Boldstrategycotton.gif

1 Like

CW doing a great job, so far, mod 4 life.

3 Likes

We spent months and hundreds, if not thousands of posts of drama arguing about it when it happened and in the months that followed. It was 19 months ago, and I made an expansion of your rule which all the active moderators agreed to support and give a chance to, which stated:

Posts that attack or insult another poster (including but not limited to name calling) or poke at/troll about/reference old drama will result in silencing, with escalating lengths for repeat offenders. This policy applies to all posts and all threads.

It was posted here as a banner, which means everyone saw it: New Moderation Policy - #3

It is obviously not a coincidence that a group of posters suddenly decided tonight was the night to re-re-re-re-litigate this drama from 19 months ago, and we don’t have to pretend it’s a coincidence. It was intended to stir up drama.

I stand by the bans related to that 100%.

6 Likes

Honestly this is a little unfair to the Vice Principal here, there’s that moment of shaken doubt in his face after he gives the 8 weeks of detention to Bender where you can kind of tell he’s regretting what he’s become.

5 Likes

Do you think your bans are helping the situation or hurting the situation? Do you think being a trigger-happy stickler is going to make people respect you?

2 Likes

7 Likes

Maybe - but you very quickly lose any sympathy you have for him.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-15-at-3.02.33-PM-300x153

2 Likes

:vince1:

3 Likes

This seems like it could be interesting. Which thread did you mean to post it in?

1 Like

I’m hearing we should welcome back meb

2 Likes

meb was never banned afaik, he left and asked his account anonymized. not sure why we are bringing up that old drama though.

1 Like

Dude you are almost there

1 Like

This is a warning for bringing up old drama.

This is a warning for stirring up drama by trolling about/celebrating bans.

You keep saying there’s a re-re-re litigation. No one’s relitigating — it was put to a vote back then and Wookie lost. The claim of racism should’ve been removed back then. To say people are relitigating something that was already decided in their favor is a bit much if you’re using it as a basis for bans. Just correct the prior record and move on.

1 Like

just chuckling at what a sad human being I’d have to be to flag my last post. you guys have a great weekend. I’m sure your lives are excellent.

Thanks, CW, for opening a bunch of new threads for the ones that hit 10k

2 Likes