About Moderation

Feel free to reach out to me directly. Perhaps I’m being too timid, but I’ve given a sort of amnesty for posting that happened prior to this morning’s announcement.

Very easy to exaggerate stuff about someone who’s no longer here and who had his posts wiped.

Also not at all convincing.

I’m saying you’re a bully because of how you act towards other people, and I’ve been saying it since back when I had less than zero sympathy for the people you now call captains

I really think it depends on the person and is probably something to avoid unless you are really in a comfortable place with a person. Speaking for myself (as only I can) I would probably be a bit perturbed if someone I was not close with said (especially in a public forum) to get help. Could come across as a bit gaslighty - it’s hard to post in a way reflective of what I would consider to be my true mental state. The internet does weird things to language and communication after all (I’m sure most people here wouldn’t be punching on IRL lol).

1 Like

Are we just going to let this threat to doxx sit here in the corner and not talk about it

I posted this because I genuinely was at a loss at how to respond. I had repeatedly tried to ignore, defuse, and reported the situation to the moderators, which is what I think? I am supposed to do, and any attempts at ignoring caused more @ing and quoting and accusations and escalation until I responded, which is what trolls want - it was very obvious to me this behavior is trolling, and probably obvious to anyone else who read that mess, but it seems like it is not okay on this forum to call out trolling for what it very obviously is, and it all seemed attention seeking, and that was the first thing that popped into my head, so I linked it.

It wasn’t a nice post, certainly. In fact it could be interpreted as bullying as well. Frequently, bullied people become bullies as a defense mechanism. I apologize if that hit a nerve or caused anyone discomfort. That was certainly not my intention when I posted it, I was just utterly baffled at the behavior and why it was continuing for so long despite very little responses from me - look at the post ratios involved if you don’t believe me.

It finally escalated into utter ridiculous with accusations of collusion and cheating which is just so nonsensical even he has to know it, and if he doesn’t, I genuinely wonder what is going on, because that is so obviously nonsense. Which is what prompted my get help posts, as I frequently in that exchange tried to disengage.

@jmakin should have eaten 24 hours for that for sure, maybe more, it was way out of line - and the same went for whoever it was months back taking shots at jmakin’s mental health. But that was allowed to fly, too, and I see references from time to time that are allowed to fly. Anyone and everyone doing that should eat temp bans until they knock it off.

At a very basic minimum, we should all agree that things that are targeted at negatively impacting people’s mental health in real life should not be allowed on here, and questioning people’s mental health in a negative way can definitely do that.

No, I don’t think I should have. I am glad to eat one if that’s whatever is necessary. I think my posting history in the last 6 months or however long it has been has been good, and I genuinely post here out of an interest of helping others, promoting discussion, and forming long-lasting relationships.

I would just like to say that I wanted to frick off of this forum a long time ago whenever this stuff comes up but people repeatedly tell me they like my posting and some of my more personal mental health stuff seems to help at least 1 or 2 people, from the pm’s and emails I receive sometimes, so like, i dunno man. you’ve got me in kind of a tough place here. i don’t want to argue with anyone or fight with anyone. I also will respond to trolling in kind.

Thanks,

J

What threat?

What would these people who were “ran off the site” want?

Would they actually be interested in returning if the conditions were met?

Yea, this is the game they play where anything I write gets twisted into something threatening for some stupid dossier or whatever they’re compiling on my nefarious misdeeds, which include posting a picture of myself in a PBR bucket hat.

It is serious. I haven’t stuck my nose into this mess for a long time and am better off for it. If you can find recent evidence otherwise then lets see it.

The kind that you said you have for all of us?

I really don’t know how to respond to this. even you have to know it isn’t true. what happened to you? (the last sentence is a genuine question, not an attack on anyone’s mental health).

Like I said in the last PM I sent you, I wish you well and I am rooting for you. holy cow.

I agree with all of this. I think good posters and good people can get out of line from time to time and I think if we universally enforced a rule on negative mental health comments, everyone would learn to knock it off pretty quickly.

I think you’re a valuable member of the community and I don’t think your actions as admin way back when should be held against you as a poster now, which I know still happens. I think trolling should be moderated better, but I still think mods should hit anyone with 24 hours who responded the way you did about mental health in this case.

To be clear, @6ix should have eaten 24 hours for his hard work in that train wreck of a derail too, imo.

I’m not a fan of speaking for other people. There’s probably a range of opinions, I don’t know. You could try PMing them? Sorry not to be more helpful.

Fair, but TBH I’m not exactly sure who you’re referring to.

You don’t have to name names; I was just wondering if there’s a general vibe of “a lot of us would come back and participate like we used to if X, Y and Z happened”.

It’s not serious. There are no meaningful stakes, not life-or-death, not money. Not even friendship for most. It’s all a game where no one gets punished if they lose, so people feel free to play it as if they have nothing to lose. It’s like playing like a maniac with play chips on a free poker site.

I think i misunderstood you. What happens here isn’t serious. I was serious that it isn’t. I think we agree.

I didn’t ignore any of those flags and in fact edited every offending part of every post you flagged but please continue doing whatever the fuck it is you’re doing around here to help with positive discussion.

Nope

I’ve never had a PM conversation with you, and what “happened” is I took your threats seriously, and have seen evidence that you sometimes carry them out

How can I know something is untrue about you when you’re the one who publicly posted the threats on this website that you’re claiming are untrue?

1 Like