About Moderation

Ok. Edited my post.

1 Like

You cannot be serious.

I am 100% serious.

We’ve been having derails and trolling in the Ukraine thread and related threads for months involving two small groups of posters, and it’s going to stop. Argue the points if you want, but attempts to troll and provoke drama are not going to be tolerated.

That goes both ways. I encourage people to flag stuff that is trolling/name calling and do not respond to it, wait for myself or another moderator to get to the flag.

ah yes, derails from the critically important barbed wire dildo posts

3 Likes

strict_teacher

1 Like

Ridiculous to warn keed here after remaining civil for so long in that exchange.

I mean for a lot of people, probably the majority if I’m being honest, Keeed posting is the drama. And the same could be said for CN (just so I can be clear I’m not being one sided). That is what causes the derails! People just sniping at the poster. The discussion of war motives isn’t the derail unless UP does want just herp derp look at this meme (memes which I do find amusing not gonna lie) in between more critical news posts. I mean we derailed into discussing where people would live outside the USA in the Trump thread yesterday, not a derail because it was done with good peaceful posting?

Sorry about that

:harold:

1 Like

To be fair my original post was on topic in the sense that I was trying to make the point that the US is a hellscape but somehow not in any of the ways Trump talks about and then we got into a deep dive on Olive Garden and Spam.

@anon38180840 my 2c are that I think your motivations with all this seem pure to me but I would make sure to not take it too far.

2 Likes

@goofyballer you’re trolling about old drama here, this is a warning.

1 Like

Yeah I mean my point wasn’t to shit on that derail but more around what constitutes a derail (or has done in the past) will depend a lot on the nature of the discourse which depends a lot on the names involved (and I mean literally the names not how each notorious person actually communicates).

1 Like

It’s biblical timelines so today is 0 AC (after Commonwealth modship), that was during 0 BC!

I also think people can just ignore the jabs tbh. There was a shot or two taken at me in all that. Ignoring them or better yet considering why a take might need a little work isn’t really that hard.

I’m just doing my best to be fair and end the drama by making both sides stop. We’ll see how it plays out. There are lots of judgement calls that are on the fence, and lots of flagging of posts, so I’m sure I’ll make the wrong call sometimes but hopefully overall I’ll do a good job being tough but fair, which I think is the only way to end this.

2 Likes

If people want the derail about food moved, I’ll be happy to do so, but I’m going to be less aggressive moving friendly derails than dramatic ones, if nobody requests it.

Derails that involve talking about food in the Trump thread are a good thing imo. Like if we end up talking about pour over coffee in the Ukraine thread, that would be great as well.

:spaghetti:

2 Likes

Maybe old isn’t the right word, in fairness. But, without knowing 100% of the details, it seemed kind of pointless and my read was the intent was to stir things up. Thanks for taking it in stride.

1 Like

Being able to drink pour over coffee is one of the top five perks of working form home…

1 Like

Yeah but what I’m saying is they are different ‘derails’ in terms of relevance. I wouldn’t call one a derail. Annoying for posters yes and if that’s a ground for a derail then so be it (though it is a bit depressing). If discussing war motivations is a derail in the Ukraine thread (from it’s purpose as a news sources I guess?) then I think it’s a bit weird is all I’m saying. Regardless, I’m not trying to undermine your approach to modding or anything, I really hope it works.

Oh I am happy to see a new thread, just wasn’t a fan of the constant excising before this. Just labelling it a derail is a bit harsh and might invite trolling of the poster over discussion (and rejection or support) for the idea. Also like 50%+ of the posts being excised are from posters just enraged at usernames I feel like.