About Moderation

We’re really gonna relitigate this ■■■■ thing again, aren’t we

Do you know what the words ‘short’ and ‘btc’ mean there?

well hopefully wookie will perma ban anyone who uses them. personally i view right wing nationalist lingo such as tankie a lot more harmful.

but yeah, as @hokie said, it’s beautiful to see that all these months after we came a full circle.

Nah I think we’re now talking about me giving Official Financial Advice to these goddamn fucking pussies.

Tbf it was “short btc stop being a goddamn fucking pussy”.

Wait no srsly, can we all pause an unpack Trolly calling my OFA “zero content”, like, ignoring 2/3 of the words in the phrase “short btc pussy”?

That’s so surreal, like, I can’t even think of an equivalent. Maybe if I went to a Spanish or French speaking forum and started opining far and wide about their moderation.

lol “outburst?” apologize for what? I owe some deference to him for his status as a do-nothing mod (except in the case someone takes a passive shot at one of his buds of course then we get a stern warning)? okay

I dunno but these are the two questions you should’ve asked him instead of whatever that was you posted.

holy shit we’re just going to let this go?

Of course you do. You feel harmed by it. So you flag it, or you at least don’t think a flag for it is “silly”. How would you feel if a mod told you that the flag is silly and you shouldn’t take it personally and maybe just deal with it?

2 Likes

It’s a fairly accurate telling of forum history. What’s the problem?

I’d feel just fine. I also did not act on any of the numerous times Tankie was used. You see personally i don’t think anything that offends me should be handled by authority. I reserve that for what i consider extreme cases.

That being said, mods here have very literally said tankie isn’t a big deal. So you know, what?

Why did you cut a thoughtful answer i gave you in which i asked you not to have the conversation in that fashion? I don’t think i’ve ever talked to you that way. In fact my biggest pm fight here was when i defended you in a thread about soldiers vs citizens.

well, if you had bothered to read my post above, you would know that I am constantly having to check myself because the military fucked with my perception of sexual harassment and gender issues, and guess what…it still is!

So instead of the temptation to say “suck it up, cupcake,” I am still dealing with teaching myself how that reaction is NOT healthy, it’s NOT appropriate, and it’s highly insensitive.

Excuse the fuck out of me for learning and trying to be better.

Lies

We can go to the tape.

“Shut the fuck up, tankie” also seems like the kind of zero-content shit flinging that the moderators should discourage.

Please do.

I am saying that by labeling a reaction to one type of slur as “silly” or childish, and other types as not, you are devaluing the target(s) of that particular type of slur.

Honestly, it really disappoints me that people on this supposedly left-leaning forum think that gendered insults are A-OK fine. We really haven’t gotten very far, have we?

2 Likes

I’m not weighing in on the thoughts and feelings and motivations behind the things, but the things follow a pretty simple chronology.

oops i guess we are!

no, they think they aren’t moderation worthy and can just be ignored. It saddens me that people in a left-leaning forum thinks Tankie is a fine insult and it is encouraged by a majority of the forum while very few people have been encouraging “short btc pussy”.

But yeah, we have not come very far. Especially in your inability to have sincere conversation with me that isn’t full of failed dunk attempts about stuff I’ve never said.