About Moderation

So the ‘strawman’ is that when you read about the Milgram Experiments you imagined yourself not electrocuting the guy, but the non-strawman is that you did?

Yeah I know, I don’t care about that part.

A post was merged into an existing topic: About Moderation (old original thread)

Hey, my account was anonymised (without request) minutes after an (unrequested) 10yr ban (inclusive golf thread, NBD) - no fellatio requested by any staff member

I’d like to expand on this and possibly give some clarification to @6ix who seems generally unaware of this issue.

in the ASD community (autism spectrum disorder is considered the polite word for it) it is often a subject of great debate and angst the usage of the words “autism” and “autistic” because they are frequently used as offensive insulting slurs online. Lots of groups have had to straddle this awkward middle ground where they embrace the “autistic” label, because that is what is most colloquially familiar term to people, but also reject it because of its history as a slur.

I’ll say this - even the worst n-word dropping WoW discords I’m in ban the use of the word autistic. It’s considered an offensive term in and of itself by a lot of people.

6ix, to give him full credit that he definitely does not deserve, probably did not realize this, and I suspect so because he didn’t seem to even understand what ASD meant. Maybe others here don’t. But “autism” is definitely used as a slur across the world wide web, I am fairly certain 6ix is/was aware of this, and I consider myself a part of that community and am very active in support groups for it across the web.

To me, and I’ve discussed this privately with the mods, that was one of the most abhorrent bullying posts I’ve ever seen on this site, and for you to only receive a 2hr ban and me to receive a perma and then a retroactive 24 hr for using the word “dumb fucks” while you’re still sitting here trolling over the autistic stuff is a bit hilarious, but I am just trying to inform here, not cause shit.

1 Like

:vince1:

:vince2:

:vince3:

For a prospective mod to take this flippant attitude to people leaving the community is appalling.

1 Like

:+1:

Don’t blame me, you’re the one who nominated me.

2 Likes

Holy shit dude let’s roll the tape:

And you’re pretending to be serious business now? And people fall for this transparently dishonest bullshit?

I thought you’d changed and grown as a person.

I think it’s pretty obvious the Captains are bored and want some old targets to fight with.

It’s pathetic, really.

i haven’t checked the voting yet. How are you doing in it?

I meant what I said about the mods representing the majority of the forum.its important imo. That’s why people are voting now.

Edit. Thought you’d been nominated, my bad.

1 Like

My awareness is fine, you’re just functionally illiterate for whatever reason, as you demonstrate over and over.

:vince:

1 Like

It’s a good thing that group was sharp enough to see right through the blatant trolling and didn’t take the bait.

Oh. Wait.

1 Like

Speaking of that, the warning seems fairly straightforward

Posts that attack or insult another poster (including but not limited to name calling) will result in a one-day silencing. This policy applies to all posts and all threads.

Are you… calling 6ix functionally illiterate?

Would you care to expound on this?

If it helps, pretend like I’m not your small child and instead a reasonably intelligent adult who is your peer.