About Moderation

There’s a timeline because anonymization is difficult to reverse.

I’ll OK it with the caveat we wait a couple of days since you’ve nominated a few of the mod candidates and deleting the posts now would be problematic.

Ok, I know you’re not acting within clear guidelines here because none have ever been stated or defined, but I’ve seen this request accommodated within practically minutes before. I gave up and considered it a lost cause that only applied to people who sucked the right staff’s dicks. If you’re serious, i appreciate it, but I will have to take good stock of what is going on here especially in my private messages because there’s very serious allegations and attacks on my personal life going on here that losing access to my account may prove problematic for.

…you created several accounts and pestered the mods to unban you.

That isn’t what happened. I repeatedly stated I would go away if the community decided that and asked clarification on the rules. They voted no. The repeated accounts were to get around dumb new account post restrictions that were pretty arbitrary and admittedly breaking site rules, I guess, if any existed, but that definitively isn’t what happened. If you want me to go pull up the millions of times I’ve stated this exact thing I can, but I really don’t feel like it at this moment. I never for a single moment wanted to be here as jmakin and anything other than the @darth_brooks account which i was happily posting on for weeks before one of your friends ratted me out because they deemed me a threat to the site or whatever.

like, I’m still perma TL1 (by self request) because bunch of people here thought I’d somehow be a threat if i could have TL3. Lol. Like jesus fuck. I can’t win. Why would I possibly want to be here?

The golf thread is valuable because it’s the only non-republican golf thread on the internet with good golfers in it. That is the literal only value I see in this site and much of it has fallen off lately.

like much of this entire site has been bullying me for over a year over very real health issues I still struggle with and will probably kill me. Why in the everloving shit would I want to post here or be associated with any dumb fucks that find this place important? like you’re completely deluding yourself if you think I want that. The reason I post is because I have had so many people reach out, people that aren’t necessarily regs or the 6-15 cool kids posters who find what I have to say interesting or, shocking to you probably, like me as a person, and that drive is what kept me around for a while, but lately it’s become increasingly obvious I am going to have different rules applied to me and the attacks on me won’t stop til I leave, so yes, I’d like to have the freedom to leave and protect my info by anonymizing or deleting my account, as I feel (again) I have asked repeatedly for since the very fucking beginning.

also, post the staff logs or you guys are up to some shit. full stop.

No.

You could just not post anymore, or only post in the golf thread. None of the moderation stuff matters at all

1 Like

@moderators I am grunching here while on vacation in Disney World so I have no idea what is going on and have a ton of unread posts in this thread but I believe there is some kind of misunderstanding. @jmakin does not currently want to be perma silenced or anonymized. Please do not anonymize him, per his request. Thank you.

Noted. This is why we have waiting periods for these things.

1 Like

f95

1 Like

Haven’t we had multiple people demand an account anonymizing and then come back? Mods should stop granting these requests unless there’s an actual PII issue, it’s clear they’re being asked for out of spite and they could potentially fuck up the site for everyone else. Just walk away if you don’t like this place, FFS.

8 Likes

Can’t imagine what gave me the impression he still currently wanted to be anonymized.

You did post something to the effect of “reply yes if you want to be anonymized” and he didn’t do that. In any event, it is currently my understanding that he doesn’t want to be anonymized. Again, I haven’t read this whole exchange.

Anonymization just changes the username everywhere it was posted, deleting the accounts is what causes problems. It’s also impossible for a mod to do and pretty much has to be done by goreo.

I guess anonymizing is fine then, but deletions should be completely out of the question outside of extremely compelling situations.

(post deleted by auteur)

4 Likes

I’m kind of the belief that the internet + politics is a wretched combo for a lot folks with addicted personalities and it seems like it’s the wild west right now as we are still relatively new to understanding the damage it does. To me, the self nuking or account anon feels similar to drugs or alcohol behavior in terms of the person trying to escape from it for their own self interest. Just walking away after 100k posts and a decade of your life spent would seem pretty difficult.

2 Likes

It’s fine if it doesn’t risk breaking the site. Deletions ought to be out of the question. It’s just going to be another way for the perma-grievance squad to fuck with this community.

1 Like