About Moderation

As far as I know there is no setting that prevents moderators from being able to anonymize or delete accounts. There is a setting that doesn’t allow accounts to be deleted if they have more than a certain number of posts, so mods can’t delete most accounts unless this setting is changed first, but they can still anonymize any account.

In the past admins would anonymize or delete accounts after a 14-day cooling off period, but none of the three admins here want any responsibility over stuff like that, so now it’s all at a moderator’s discretion

Ponied by goreo a bit but

I’ve always been able to anonymize users, seems like a standard Discourse mod function as far as I can tell.

Save them then?

These requests don’t seem reasonable to me, maybe you can start a thread with a poll or something or make a specific claim to be investigated. The admin log lately is boring and consists almost entirely of users deleting their own posts.

Ok but even fairly recently you have done this for people. why? Why am I a unique case? it’s been done, by admins and you.

so seeing a transparent log of all staff actions is unreasonable? seems odd. it immediately begs the question - what is in there the staff wouldn’t want the community to see?

seems even more odd when this log would clear my name in every accusation that’s been lobbied at me for over a year.

but, for someone with a motive, this thinking might make more sense to me.

The last account I anonymized, other than when I rage anonymized my own account and keeds at his request without moderator approval , was February 2021. I’ve deleted a number of accounts with mods approval since it requires changing the setting in order to be able to delete accounts with that many posts.

How would a log show that you didn’t threaten to kill people, and doxx people

2 Likes

Jmakin,

If you want to be anonymized, I will anonymize your account if you still want that after 48 hours. I’m putting the timeline in place since you are still actively posting.

would like you to state plainly for my lawyer who I have threatened to kill or doxx, thanks.

but I’ll answer your q in good faith. the log would show that I only viewed the personal messages I said I did, the first instance I opened the “private” pm thread and when I posted it, every permission I possibly changed, if and when backups were downloaded or created, api keys, backdoors, you name it - the fact you don’t want proof here tells me you already know exactly what I did or you’re afraid of what this log would expose for the people on your side.

I have particular concerns on the egregious oversteps committed by previous mods. This log doesn’t contain anything harmful and any personal info could easily be redacted, although I doubt there would be any.

This apparently should be visible for moderators under a similar menu as this:

I think any mod should be able to view this log, but, if that’s been changed it should also show up in the staff logs. I would just like to see it, but more importantly, the community to see it, and I don’t think there’s a particularly good argument for why they shouldn’t.

eta: otatop has confirmed in a post I didnt see that he can see this log. I trust then that any fabricated claims against me could easily be verified and bans will be issued for false statements/attacks - if you were being sincere, about that, that is.

Here’s one: The community shouldn’t get to see what those deleted posts said or who made them and I don’t know, or care, if there’s an easy way to scrub that information from the exported data.

why is there a timeline? I’ve brought it up so many times before. I literally just wanted to post in the golf and wow thread and here we are.

I brought it up early, was ignored. Asked to be banned, community decided no. Now I’m some kind of killer or master hacker or whatever the horoscope of the day tells them I am. No, I don’t give a fuck what you do, and I’d like the power to be able to decide if and when I do that, like the staff (including myself) has granted other people without such restrictions.

Deleting screws up the forum. I will give you the same offer that I made jmakin, which is anonymization after a 48 hour waiting period. I can also silence your account for the interim if you like.

There’s a timeline because anonymization is difficult to reverse.

I’ll OK it with the caveat we wait a couple of days since you’ve nominated a few of the mod candidates and deleting the posts now would be problematic.

Ok, I know you’re not acting within clear guidelines here because none have ever been stated or defined, but I’ve seen this request accommodated within practically minutes before. I gave up and considered it a lost cause that only applied to people who sucked the right staff’s dicks. If you’re serious, i appreciate it, but I will have to take good stock of what is going on here especially in my private messages because there’s very serious allegations and attacks on my personal life going on here that losing access to my account may prove problematic for.

…you created several accounts and pestered the mods to unban you.

That isn’t what happened. I repeatedly stated I would go away if the community decided that and asked clarification on the rules. They voted no. The repeated accounts were to get around dumb new account post restrictions that were pretty arbitrary and admittedly breaking site rules, I guess, if any existed, but that definitively isn’t what happened. If you want me to go pull up the millions of times I’ve stated this exact thing I can, but I really don’t feel like it at this moment. I never for a single moment wanted to be here as jmakin and anything other than the @darth_brooks account which i was happily posting on for weeks before one of your friends ratted me out because they deemed me a threat to the site or whatever.

like, I’m still perma TL1 (by self request) because bunch of people here thought I’d somehow be a threat if i could have TL3. Lol. Like jesus fuck. I can’t win. Why would I possibly want to be here?

The golf thread is valuable because it’s the only non-republican golf thread on the internet with good golfers in it. That is the literal only value I see in this site and much of it has fallen off lately.

like much of this entire site has been bullying me for over a year over very real health issues I still struggle with and will probably kill me. Why in the everloving shit would I want to post here or be associated with any dumb fucks that find this place important? like you’re completely deluding yourself if you think I want that. The reason I post is because I have had so many people reach out, people that aren’t necessarily regs or the 6-15 cool kids posters who find what I have to say interesting or, shocking to you probably, like me as a person, and that drive is what kept me around for a while, but lately it’s become increasingly obvious I am going to have different rules applied to me and the attacks on me won’t stop til I leave, so yes, I’d like to have the freedom to leave and protect my info by anonymizing or deleting my account, as I feel (again) I have asked repeatedly for since the very fucking beginning.

also, post the staff logs or you guys are up to some shit. full stop.

No.

You could just not post anymore, or only post in the golf thread. None of the moderation stuff matters at all

1 Like