About Moderation

There were multiple hundreds of posts if not 4 figures of good discussion from multiple sides of the j4 hand, much (if not all) of it pretty peaceful. I had been watching dozens of hours of joey’s horrible stream to provide an accurate synopsis and theory of what I thought had been going on (which has held up btw).

You came in and immediately started accusing people of being anti semites and dodged a hu challenge after stupidly calling a bunch of people donkeys in a game you admittedly do not play.

I would say that the convo in that thread died at least a little from that whole scandal dying down a bit, but also no one willing to do battle with your antagonistic and trollish posting that was backed up by moderation for whatever reason.

it’s very obvious to anyone who cares which person contributed more to that discussion in that thread.

in fact it’s very obvious to anyone who pays attention which posters come here almost exclusively to start shit and post badly.

what this site wants to do with that I guess is up to the current admins and moderation team, who have apparently made their decision already.

I merely ask that you spare the rest of us your drivel.

what in the mother fuck

I.

Was.

Banned.

Do you acknowledge the reality that I didn’t post here for over year because I was “driven off” for lack of a better word?

Both you and goofy have asked about this. DrChesspain got a one day silencing for attacking another poster based on our new moderation rules.

6ix’s post got a two hour silencing because it was very offensive and not in line with my view of the community’s values. It didn’t get a full day because it wasn’t directed at anyone in particular. I’ve given posters a chance to edit their posts without further moderation when they use a slur as part of a post that had some redeeming value. But the entire post was the problem here, so that didn’t seem like a good option.

Since I woke up today to see more poo flinging with my name being bandied about, I will make one comment about the above. I don’t think it’s correct to claim that this an anonymous forum, which implies that no one knows who’s commenting. While it’s true that individuals’ identities’ in real life are hidden, a truly anonymous forum would have people assigned random screen names upon every log-in so that no one would have any history or paper trail.

Communities are built upon relationships formed with others, and allowing people to change their screen names or simply create new accounts willy-nilly implies that this forum should be no different than just a bunch of random strangers wearing masks who meet at a bar by chance and start talking. This was never the policy on the old forum nor should it be the policy here.

The first time I read about the ability to create and use multiple accounts was when Chad stated this a couple of weeks ago, and now at least one mod is confirming this view. Is there really community consensus on the appropriateness of people potentially having multiple accounts and using these to hide their forum identity from others?

Finally, I have no way of knowing for sure whether Forechecker has or had other accounts here, since I don’t have access to admin/mod functions. However, when a poster with a 3-week history argues and insults others with clear knowledge of events from months ago, it seems obvious that the person is either an unusually involved long-time lurker or is hiding his online identity from a group who likely knows him from the past. And the latter just seems really unseemly to me,

3 Likes

Fwiw, you’ve banned me so much I think you’re mixing up the two things. The 2 hour ban Jmakin is referring to was due to me inquiring about the autism support group, and the 24 hour ban goofyballer is referring to was due to me calling DrChesspain a “dumb bitch” I’m safely assuming.

3 Likes

1 Like

6ix was a value factory in the crypto thread for literal years

7 Likes

This all originally came up when the Exile started and NotBruceZ showed up and wouldn’t confirm their 2+2 username. Eventually it was decided that as long as they weren’t the real BruceZ it should be fine not knowing their 2+2 username. We’ve also had a few users abandon their original accounts for a new one without incident as far as I know and even back on 2+2 there was no “one account per person” rule.

I found it a bit disappointing that after silencing their original account because

I think it best to step away from posting for while and see how the culture changes here if at all. If it does, I may request to come back posting.

they chose to instead come back under a new account and immediately start stirring shit in AU threads. Ah well, I’m sure it

Make for good theater at the other site. Lol.

4 Likes

I dunno, I’ve also been told that being able to warn new users about decades’ old posts made under a different screen name was vitally important and that we can’t expect others to just move on.

6 Likes

I was not aware of your request to have your account anonymized. Admins only anonymize accounts with the blessing of a moderator, so if you can get a moderator to ask me to anonymize it I will, and moderators can anonymize accounts themselves as far as I know

This is correct but I think there was an informal pause put in place back in July when there was a burst in activity.

Uh yes… mods can vaporize anyone at will. Ask Jal or Church.

2 Likes

download (8)

2 Likes

Why then did captains request an anon/deletion and you fulfilled their request within seemingly minutes without such process? Why do I have to jump through such hoops? It seems pretty sus to me.

I have honored such requests in the past without moderator approval before. It seems like you’re just making this up and I strongly feel it’s against TOS.

goreo has run previous account deletion requests by mods before performing them and he’s only anonymized 1 account that wasn’t his AFAIK.

Reply yes to this post and I’ll consider it an anonymization request from you and click the button.

Why can mods do this? They could not before I administrated. This brings up another concern of mine - if this is actually granted, before I do this I would like to save all my pm’s for future reference. I would also like to request a copy of the discourse’s admin log to see what’s really going on here. I think this would clear a lot of the lies spread about me and also shed some light about how this site is actually run because just speaking for myself I have some real concerns.

I would also like to see a copy of all the current staff’s permissions within discourse.

If mods have been granted user delete permissions, it brings broad questions to me what other permissions they’ve been granted - there are scary permissions within discourse panel. We’ve not had transparency here for a while and I think my fuckup in particular would beg for that kind of transparency but for whatever reason it hasn’t been done here. I see no reason to keep that log secret.