About Moderation (old original thread)

You’ve invented an idea of what the other forum is and then laugh when it’s something different.

What should someone do if they want to post with someone you banned?

It truly is hilarious how fucking absurd people will twist themselves into knots to avoid admitting they’re wrong about something. Easiest forum ever imo.

Bans and moderation are needed in every internet community. You have apparently noted this, which is unsurprising given you’ve keep saying you’ll won’t post here while I’m here.

Do you guys have a crypto thread in the other forum?

1 Like

Yeah jmakin copied this forum over there to get us started.

*damn it wasted my 10 minute leash on a joke.

1 Like

I guess you’re a cheap laugh

That’s a good thing

Laughing is healthy

1 Like

If Victor’s post that “anyone can join” followed by micro immediately having to say - well, not actually anyone doesn’t give you a at least a chuckle, you might be dead inside.

I personally don’t care if people want to start their own forum with their own rules (using your time to post on the internet should give you joy, if not find something else to do with your time), but at least have the decency to not pretend it’s something it’s not.

Mod note - throttle is off.

5 Likes

I thought it was unfortunate that Keed let himself be bullied into quitting. Wouldn’t have expected that from him.

1 Like

Goofy,

The ship has really sailed because too many people hate each other, but what about an answer to my last question?

THE proximate cause for the other site is this site banning Sabo. People are not allowed to post with Sabo if they are in the 40%? They have to go back to 2p2? They have to invite just enough people here so that Sabo wouldn’t be expected to be banned there, but no more? These things were discussed, but there’s no good solution. And of course everyone noticed the pre-ban thing you are crowing about. So, there’s no perfect solution. The forum is for people who don’t want their posts to be moderated or to get deleted. And yeah, people who don’t think forums should be like that were pre-banned. Maybe it’s impossible to have an open forum with democracy and no bans because a majority of people want bans. You can score that as a gotcha if you want because you just play games, but that’s the way it is; imperfect and the best people could agree on.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t complain about any of these. I know I didn’t complain about mine.

Lol come on

I don’t want to join per se, but I’m willing to join and post in good faith now and then in the spirit of demonstrating that the two sites can coexist without drive by trolling and drama.

Like I am happy for you guys that you have a place to chat in the manner in which you prefer. I don’t understand why some people from that site feel the need to come create havoc here.

If I was invited to your site and didn’t like it, I’d just leave it be. Seems simple to me.

Not why I quit. Another mod overrode my decision without consulting me or asking my input. I would have been perfectly happy to defend or explain any and all of my decisions, but another mod unilaterally overruling what I did? At that point I’m a fake mod, who cares, what’s the point? Not worth all the hassle and bother. All over an 18 hour ban or something like that.

2 Likes

Victor was trolling slightly, I think, you know, as one does in internet battles.

I would say anyone can join that would want to join. Do you want to see pictures of my kid and talk gardening and baseball and television with a bunch of captains? I am quite confident that anyone who could genuinely say yes would be welcome. It’s a chat with friends. To call people who are not friends “banned” from the group chat is, I guess, technically correct, but it isn’t really the correct phrasing imo.

3 Likes

I don’t want to speak for others, and when goofy posts this same idea I’m sure it’s just a setup so he can laugh at what he knows the answer is, but you seem genuine so I’ll try to explain

Goofy: don’t click the spoiler!!!11

Summary

People object to the idea that this is “your” (general you) site and that is their site. They feel as if this is their site, and a power grab is attempting to take it from them. That’s why they don’t leave.

This may not be 100% accurate but it’s my impression.

7 Likes

Well said. Both sides feel like previous friends (in the internet sense) have turned on them. That creates deep animosity.

The whole thing is sad as we have lost a lot by losing some of the people who have left, yourself included.

P.S. I regret the part I played with one exception we don’t need to discuss again.

yo your guild needs a warlock i hear, don’t be a stranger!

1 Like

good to see all you guys

1 Like

Yet they have no interest in posting here constructively. They just want to make sure that there’s no peace on UP, only in their private forum.

And yet, to my knowledge, nobody here who they don’t like has made any effort to actually find their secret site and express their animosity.

In your opinion

Don’t threaten me with a good time! Tuesdays are bad but thrus/sat would hit the spot if you need a spot body.

1 Like

The people here dont have an emotional connection to that site. They do to this one as many of them were instrumental in the creation of this place and have relationships that go even deeper than this place.

4 Likes