About Moderation (old original thread)

Damn, Friday came quick this week.

7 Likes

Posting just to show off that I already know I won’t have anything interesting to say for at least 10 minutes

7 Likes

Given I just asked people to stop the personal attacks - and I’m pretty sure “deliberately exploiting Chinese labour” is one, jal gets silenced for a week.

6 Likes

I bet a lot of people on this forum had a hard time getting over ex partners in the past.

1 Like

swingeth mine banhammer towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight shall snuff it

3 Likes

What is it?

let’s all shuttle over there!

www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

4 Likes

that doesn’t seem synonymous with ‘anyone,’ but I will not quibble

Vic you win this round

If they are hypocrites, maybe people should just give in and let them be hypocritical in peace.

I’ve given in and let them be, in the sense that I don’t really care how they mod their treehouse or have any inclination of stopping by.

2 Likes

I will agree to join the other site, occasionally post, and respectfully participate in a ban-free/mod-free site with no complaints about it if any one of the posters from there who doesn’t post here regularly anymore except to engage in About Unstuck drama agrees to do the same here - accept moderation, never complain about it, and let the sites coexist without drama.

Sort of like a prisoner exchange to diffuse tensions and drama.

Turn off the throttle please.

2 Likes

class, we have a new student today.

1 Like

If I apply to the new site, can I call people shitlibs with absolute impunity? Errr, n/m I can do that here.

1 Like

I don’t want to leave people the wrong impression about ‘anyone’. No one is banned, there are no specific requirements about saying what you believe, but every single person there has to agree on an invite. The reason for the site was because people were being banned and their posts were being deleted and their threads moved and deleted. So, it’s a place where they can not be banned or stifled. Having the people who tried to or successfully did ban them wouldn’t be giving them a space where they can’t be banned. A lot of people here think it’s just the 3 or 4 or 5 people who they see as aggrieved, but others are sympathetic. Some of the people there still try to post peacefully here and some of them are very successful at that. Some people there who have been treated like shit here from the beginning, still resent things and refuse to be driven off. That’s not me. I wasn’t treated like shit!

I’m going to attempt to clear something specific up about the “captains thread”. Sabo started it because he had a thread that was a damn game and it was closed. He wanted to continue to play it and that’s why he started that thread. Then he got perma’d. Then other people in that thread were pissed and invited a lot of other people. Sabo was mad that his PM thread had been taken over.

1 Like
1 Like

Wow, this thread is actually a revelation. Totally honest question that is maybe obvious and I’m just not getting it:
If it is true that 1) there are people who can’t stand the way this site is run and 2) they actually already started a site of their own and are very careful about who gets to post there, then why do they keep posting here?

Or have I misunderstood 1 or 2?

8 Likes

False

1 Like

Letting them be includes not needling them when they stop by here.