About Moderation (old original thread)

Wait what? I meant the ban was reasonable. The posting was not… not sure how you think it is.

1 Like

Let me explain: keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

2 Likes

Oh, it all makes sense to me now.

It’s not that hard to say the same thing without calling people c***s and fucking morons. The site took a vote and doesn’t want personal attacks. I know that’s vague and “that post strikes me as less than 100% true” actually means the same thing as “you’re a fucking liar”, but watevs decided to post in a way that is pretty hard to defend - given the no personal attacks vote. And, fwiw, I think it’s a good idea if everyone were nicer, including the people like @clovis8 who can’t help shitting on watevs just about every single day.

Also, this convo doesn’t belong here and I’m going to move it.

1 Like

Same old story - the cops sticking up for each other and brushing each others’ prejudices under the carpet.

1 Like

Yeah well there’s a good reason he doesn’t want anyone to use the word ■■■■■ :laughing:

2 Likes

For a long time he was a prosecutor in fact - by day, pushing for severe sentences for black people; by night, self-righteous internet liberal.

3 Likes

Marty I don’t know if you are just being purposely obtuse at this point but it’s been explained to you 100 times. The c word is not considered offensive in the Uk but it is considered very offensive here. This is hardly a unique phenomenon. There are countless examples of words and customs like this.

For example, I grew up with very liberal parents. We were allowed to swear all we wanted. The only exception was the c word. It was the only swear word that would get us in trouble.

You mean “Centrist”?

7 Likes

The (mostly) american word motherfucker I find far more offensive than ■■■■■ (which I don’t use often - I prefer twat if I do swear) - and also appreciate that it, like the dreaded c-word, it can be used in both an aggressive and friendly manner. I’m certainly not going to call for it’s banishment.

I’d rather people swore less in general but find this whole conversation a bit bizarre - this forum really has some weird ticks.

7 Likes

Humans have some weird ticks. We are just a collection of humans. And some bots.

That’s a bizarrely conservative take.

I think you are referring to Jman? For the record, I was the one who made a post asking why watevs wasn’t modded, not jman. I removed it after so as not to clutter the thread.

It’s also an odd take to argue two wrongs make a right. Just because someone wrongly questions another’s mental health doesn’t mean it’s ok to violate another cultural norm.

Finally, I don’t think watevs was modded for using the c word. He was modded for using it several times in the context of personal attacks. The attacks were the violation not the word.

This has already been covered. Nobody is arguing for banning the word or making its use a modable offence.

Ooh, this chat again. Last time I participated in this one I seem to have got myself implicated in all sorts of drama that followed.

Anyway, marty, I seem to recall that you were on the opposite side that time I was drunk and complaining that my jokes were being flagged for being offensive round here.

1 Like

Wait, what? I already put in the “political activism” section of my CV that I was once a proud member of the stupidity posse.

2 Likes

Lol I don’t care, and I don’t remember who said what anyway. If it was you, it would have been somewhere in this thread: https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/snowflakes-flagging-posts-and-stereotyping-jokes

1 Like

That thread got spun off from this one, I think we might have exchanged words here prior to that, but like I say, not sure, I was pretty drunk.

1 Like

With professional assistance and copious amounts of prescription drugs I’ve been able to get by.

2 Likes