About Moderation (old original thread)

I honestly think he was a naïve idiot who got very easily played, yes. Some of the cabinet at the time were very much against war and resigned. Others were privately against it but went along with it because of “unity”.

There’s also a strong possibility that I’m being naive and that the US “has something” on the UK that it exerts whenever it needs assistance (or the appearance of an international effort).

UK has almost the same share of GDP for arms sales as the US. What we have on the UK is a shared interest in war and oil.

1 Like

Homophobia, bro. You saw it here first.

Never change!

Where’s all the drama at/Cliffs anyone or just direct me to the appropriate thread/s

@j8i3h289dn3x7 Am I a part of your 4 Brits?

I thought all this had died down and now see threads with mods quitting and admit changed over to @jmakin (I don’t have any problems with J being an admin) & @zikzak leaving due to stress? Or the latest dramas. Geez.

Calm down people ffs… Anyway I ain’t got time to do the deep dive into all this again as I’ve got survive the wild in 2021. Maybe if I survive I’ll volunteer for Mod again if people so wish.

Don’t leave @goofyballer @MrWookie :pray: as you’re both good people.

5 Likes

Smacc 4 mod!

1 Like

The C-word thread is where it’s at. The thread got bumped. Another round of complaining was set off. Skydiver pointed out this was stupid and threatened to ban people for perpetuating forum drama. As a result, people perpetuated forum drama.

1 Like

zikzak can speak for himself but me becoming admin was not (at least directly) related to the drama. Maybe indirectly, idk. This happened over Christmas, but I just recently started doing more stuff than I was at first (was a little intimidated tbh). zikzak is now completely out as far as I’m aware and he no longer has access to our servers or to any major accounts that help run this site. There was a little bit of a transition process that he was very gracious about helping with, especially since it probably went way longer than he would’ve liked.

I wanna say in case I haven’t said it in half a dozen other places, that him and ggoreo did a fantastic job setting this up. My duties are very easy, and it’s thanks to them.

8 Likes

Thanks for stepping up J, it’s been so good I didn’t even notice & hopefully @anon46587892 stays on a s admin to give you support & as I read in a previous post by you that the place need the other set of keys just in case. Good luck going forward that we don’t hit any snags etc.

If I can be off any assistance PM me :+1:

1 Like

Thanks NBZ for the Cliffs, all over the C-word… Dam.

Not that I ever used it though… :thinking: /s

Thanks goofyballer, it’s that I just don’t have the time atm with working hours etc… I’m only on here an hour or 2 every night now but hope to be on more soon, maybe after I get vaccinated. :joy:

thanks, yes the place definitely needs another set of keys. It’s been very fun for me so far, so it doesn’t feel like a chore. Already found some tiny little issues that I can waste a lot of time reading about, which is all I really wanted out of this for myself personally. I’ve been terribly bored lately.

There’s a chance that it could become more hassle than it’s worth, but I don’t see that happening soon.
Basically what I’m trying to say is this place will be around and functional (from a technical perspective) for a while, if I have anything to say about it. If that was a concern in anyone’s mind, they shouldn’t have it.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Lol I’m reading the normal threads I would normally read and not following saint wookie anywhere.

And it is an insulting post, probably much more so than just using a word like ■■■■ to describe Boris Johnson, as an example.

How many times do you get to challenge my posts today before I can accuse you of stalking me?

Great, then we agree that we can both carry on doing us. Cheerio.

I have been ignoring all of these threads for well over a month and only read this post because you @'ed me. Before I go back to ignoring it all I would like to go on record as saying I did not quit because of stress. I quit because I was pissed off, and I remain very angry.

I’m not mad at you for anything Smacc, but I’d prefer not to be @'ed in any of these threads because being reminded of all this shit just makes me angrier.

2 Likes

Doing what zikzak did and ignoring this subforum. All these threads popping up constantly with drama is obnoxious. Some people can’t behave, just ban them. Democracy sucks.

3 Likes

Again, it’s hard to just ban them all when some of them are mods.

1 Like

Can I check why this was closed - or did I miss the reason - seemed a fairly unanimous decision to keep it open

1 Like

Yeah what’s with that?